Butchering Sparrow

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
MajorKong
Initiate

Butchering Sparrow

Post by MajorKong »

Poor Sparrow is evidently the last two legged resident of Broken Blade, the other denizens evidently existing now only as tightly coiled piles of beetle-doo. I approach this gal politely enough, but she seems bent on starting a beef. Certainly I can understand her being edgy as the sole survivor in BugTown, but letting fly by way of a conversational gambit is a bit raw. I can manage her well enough, but as a paladin I feel like I ought to be able to figure out a way to learn what she has to contribute to the story without filleting her and stealin' all her stuff... Nobody I've visited (and I feel like I've been pretty thorough so far) has given me a quest that triggers a different conversation option with her. So, while it's not life or death (well, except for Sparrow), I was kind of wondering if someone could confirm whether there's a means of interacting that doesn't entail getting all stabby. Thanks, and I love both Book I and Book II. Having a blast.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Butchering Sparrow

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

MajorKong wrote:Poor Sparrow is evidently the last two legged resident of Broken Blade, the other denizens evidently existing now only as tightly coiled piles of beetle-doo. I approach this gal politely enough, but she seems bent on starting a beef. Certainly I can understand her being edgy as the sole survivor in BugTown, but letting fly by way of a conversational gambit is a bit raw. I can manage her well enough, but as a paladin I feel like I ought to be able to figure out a way to learn what she has to contribute to the story without filleting her and stealin' all her stuff... Nobody I've visited (and I feel like I've been pretty thorough so far) has given me a quest that triggers a different conversation option with her. So, while it's not life or death (well, except for Sparrow), I was kind of wondering if someone could confirm whether there's a means of interacting that doesn't entail getting all stabby. Thanks, and I love both Book I and Book II. Having a blast.
Best post of the day. :D
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

I encountered a nasty bug/feature with this. When she died, she dropped something, but I couldn't pick it up. It turned out she was standing close to the south wall, so her loot landed where the torch outside would be, 2D-wise. So when I hovered the mouse over, I kept highlighting the outer wall torch, and not her loot. At the time, I didn't know what she was dropping, but I thought it might be important, so I reloaded and made sure she was standing far from the wall as she died. It's a good thing I did.

I realize that when showing 3D images on 2D screen, this is unavoidable. So it's something to keep in mind when you kill important game entities: be sure you can pick up their loot.
MajorKong
Initiate

Post by MajorKong »

Thank you! Armed with the knowledge that someone out there has managed to attain a rapport with Sparrow that doesn't entail arrow-fletches standing out of the center of the ol' jerkin (my, that sounds rasty as I type it), I shall continue to cast about, and appreciate the guidance. And thank you Mr. BW sir, as well, you are generous to your constituents!
Hrothgar
Initiate

Post by Hrothgar »

I have been searching for this answer in relation to what Sparrow carries. I have been told by others that I am supposed to make her angry or find another way. Can someone PM the spoiler details to a friendly resolution with Sparrow.
MOFOJO101
Initiate

Post by MOFOJO101 »

Eschalonian wrote:I encountered a nasty bug/feature with this. When she died, she dropped something, but I couldn't pick it up. It turned out she was standing close to the south wall, so her loot landed where the torch outside would be, 2D-wise. So when I hovered the mouse over, I kept highlighting the outer wall torch, and not her loot. At the time, I didn't know what she was dropping, but I thought it might be important, so I reloaded and made sure she was standing far from the wall as she died. It's a good thing I did.

I realize that when showing 3D images on 2D screen, this is unavoidable. So it's something to keep in mind when you kill important game entities: be sure you can pick up their loot.
this happened to me as well. luckily i saved right before.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

MajorKong wrote:Thank you! Armed with the knowledge that someone out there has managed to attain a rapport with Sparrow that doesn't entail arrow-fletches standing out of the center of the ol' jerkin (my, that sounds rasty as I type it), I shall continue to cast about, and appreciate the guidance. And thank you Mr. BW sir, as well, you are generous to your constituents!
He only said a new dialog option opens. He didn't say it does't turn out the same :)
ArturiuXas
Pledge

Post by ArturiuXas »

HelIo! I got stuck at killing sparrow even though my dmg is 7 and def is 8..A total of 122 hp and a divinity spell(heal spell)..So..Any suggestions on beating her?(I use swords.) Tahnks! :3