Just got the Crux of fire, and can't find Korren

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

Just got the Crux of fire, and can't find Korren

Post by zogar85@mail.com »

So I just got the Crux of fire, and returned to the place where Korren is, Crius Vindica, and he isn't there, same with the other guy. So can anyone tell me where they might be, or what might have gone wrong? Would hate to have my game be bugged and not be able to go forward from here.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Just got the Crux of fire, and can't find Korren

Post by SpottedShroom »

What are your active quests? Maybe you missed one of the in-between steps?

Can you zip up a copy of your save file and post it here? Then we should be able to tell for sure what's wrong. If you click the version number of the game at the launch screen, it should tell you where your saved game files are kept.
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

I will look for them to put up. But the only quest I have is the one that says I have to go back to Korren. All the people in the second town, can't remember its name right now, begins with an E. They all dissapeared after I did the werewolf quest.
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but I have never zipped a file before, and can't seem to figure out how to do it. I have the free version of winrar, but can't seem to figure it out. I see a thing that says compress and email, but that doesn't seem right.
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

Ok, so I figured out how to make the save file into a zip. But when I try to add the attachment to the post, I get a little box that says error, and nothing else. What might I be doing wrong? I really want to finish this game, and move on to the 3rd one. I have love 1 and 2 so far, would be really sad to not be able to finish 2.

Edit: So I figured out that the file size was too big, so I broke it down in to multiple files. It will only let me attach 3 files to this post, so I will post the last two in another post. I hope this will work to allow you to try and see what went wrong.
part1.zip
(162.46 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
part2.zip
(245.58 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
part3.zip
(189.48 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

part4.zip
(86.68 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
part5.zip
(60.32 KiB) Downloaded 717 times

The last two files of my save game.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Sorry not to get back to you for a while. I hope you're still playing.

I agree, it looks like Korren has vanished from the Crius Vindica map! I don't suppose you killed him last time you were there? I don't know how else he would have vanished, and I haven't heard of this problem before.

Anyway, the fix is pretty simple: go into your saved game directory and delete all the files starting with "crius.". Then when you re-enter the map, it will get created from scratch as if you'd never been there before. I just tested this and was able to complete your current quest and move on to the next one.
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

Thank you for getting back to me. I just tried it, and the fix worked. For Korren at least. Erubor still wasn't back in there though. And it says I am suppose to get a quest from him. Or does he just move to somewhere else at this point? I just know he wasn't in the guild. But thank you again for the fix, at least now I can finish the game. I am loving these games, they are great.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Hm. Erubor is supposed to be there, yes, but his quest is entirely optional. It directs you to the wizard tower on the river west of Port Kuudad. You can still explore it, even if you don't get the XP.
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

I already explored the wizard tower earlier. But so long as his quest is optional, then I don't really care, I can still beat the game, so that is what matters. Seeing as I can't get the quest, would killing all the wizards in the tower have any other negative effects? Because that would make up for at least some of the experience I lose by not doing the quest, and be very fun at the same time, lol.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Nope, kill away. It's actually a pretty fun fight. I typically do that after finishing the quest :)
zogar85@mail.com
Initiate

Awesome, know what I am doing tonight now. And just wanted to say thank you once again for all the help.
Cairn
Initiate

Post by Cairn »

You should be able to find it at any popular bookstore franchise, or even small bookstores in areas with a larger Muslim population. I'm sure it's even available online somewhere for reading.