Abathor

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Leezar
Marshall

Abathor

Post by Leezar »

Abathor is the First game I have been genuinely interested in for a loooooong time.

It looks like uh, an old school single player swordfighting platformer. Like Zelda 2 or Prince of Persia 2, or Faxanadu, or Super Probotector if you had swords instead of guns, perhaps even a bit like Golden Axe (just no 2.5D terrain or grid or whatever it is called).

It will be released in September as far as I understand, yet there are already "100% completion" videos out. Some, errmmm, kind of time travel I suppose? Anyway, prolly dont watch those as they prolly contain spoilers (I wouldn't know because I didn't watch those since I don't want to ruin the experience). I recommend watching only the launcher trailer that is 1 minute and 41 seconds.

It will be out for the Nintendo Switch and with a bit of luck you can get one of those for 150 euros on Facebook market place or whatever. Of course, the point of the game is the offline multiplayer aka "buddies in your sofa", so you still need three more controllers, and the cheapest of those (third party unofficial of course) are like 25 euros each off amazon. So thats 150 euros + 75 euros for three extra controllers + 50 euros for the game itself. But if you got the money it will be worth it. I think. Still haven't played it ofc, need to wait until September for that.

Anyway, go watch the launcher trailer if you think it sounds interesting 😊
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Abathor

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Looks like it's already out on Steam. The Nintendo Switch version must be a port. That's why you're seeing completion videos. Looks like fun, though platforms aren't my game style of choice.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Jealous much?
abarthork.jpg
abarthork.jpg (233.31 KiB) Viewed 47 times
You oughta be!!!

P.S.

Funny story. This game actually was supposed to arrive the fourth and then arrived the seventh because Swedish post office el oh el.

Not that it matters, I have been to busy. Well, until now I suppose.

P.P.S.

Oh, and I still have yet to actually play it because my group of "friends" wants to play Starcraft on gaming nights instead, so now I first have to play the game of pleading, bribery and browbeating before I can actually enjoy the game. No, I dont want to play it single player. This is a sofa game!
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That is some awesome swag! Enjoy the game (when your game friends come around)!
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.