Vista Install Problems

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
jshaffstall
Pledge

Vista Install Problems

Post by jshaffstall »

Hello,

I installed and played the demo, got hooked, and bought the full version. When I try running eb1_setup.exe, I get a brief moment when a command window appears, and then it disappears and nothing else happen.

Had no trouble installing the demo. I uninstalled the demo prior to trying to install the full version.

Tried the usual Vista compatibility options, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Jay
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Really, I have no idea. The install for both versions is identical- same setup done through the same application, using the same files (just the full version has a few more maps and sound files included).

If the install is failing, it may be that the eb1_setup file is corrupt. Try downloading it again.
alpha
Steward

Re: Vista Install Problems

Post by alpha »

jshaffstall wrote:Tried the usual Vista compatibility options, with no luck.
You should try one last vista compatibility option.

Get linux.
Incinerator Fuel = Pure Ownage xD
jshaffstall
Pledge

Post by jshaffstall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: If the install is failing, it may be that the eb1_setup file is corrupt. Try downloading it again.
That's possible, the download link timed out on my about half a dozen times before it finally downloaded. I'll try getting it again.
alpha wrote: You should try one last vista compatibility option.

Get linux.
*laugh* That's normally not much of an option for games, although it'd work well in this case. Having tried umpteen versions of linux over the years, I'm leaning more in the Mac direction now for the next machine (which would also work well in this case).

Jay