Grimoire

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I'm not sure if you are rolling your eyes because you don't believe I have played it or that I kept my promise, ether way thats the way it is.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Rune_74 wrote:I'm not sure if you are rolling your eyes because you don't believe I have played it or that I kept my promise, ether way thats the way it is.
Because not only is it christmas which i thought you'd atleast share it , who gives a toss if you've promised not to release it... The game was promised to be given to us years ago.

Lets see some screenshots from your version then :wink:

But hey atleast that other guy was nice enough to share his much older version , thanks for that much respect 8)
Atomic
Initiate

Post by Atomic »

No one who has the 2005 demo can share it because of the non-disclosure agreement they have with Cleve. The old demo didnt have that NDA thing so thats way it was posted.
Is that so hard to understand?
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Who gives a shit about an NDA i never did , christ anybody would think an nda means a death penalty :lol:

Give it to me and i'll share it , i won't say where it came from and No nda broken... I haven't signed any nda so im not under that contract. :wink:
cacaro
Pledge

Post by cacaro »

Atomic wrote:No one who has the 2005 demo can share it because of the non-disclosure agreement they have with Cleve.
Grimoire would get even more hype if someone shared the 2005 version too. I'm suprised Cleve hasn't done it by himself.
Atomic
Initiate

Post by Atomic »

It's their choice if they want to honor the nda or not. Just respect their decision and play the old demo.
Besides i dont think they are huge differences between the 2 demos, just a more 'finished' version with less bugs.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

cacaro wrote:
Grimoire would get even more hype if someone shared the 2005 version too. I'm suprised Cleve hasn't done it by himself.
Because Cleve is a lieing sack of shit?

Going by the rpgcodex forums anyway :lol:
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

Neilsouth wrote:Who gives a shit about an NDA i never did , christ anybody would think an nda means a death penalty :lol:

Give it to me and i'll share it , i won't say where it came from and No nda broken... I haven't signed any nda so im not under that contract. :wink:
Yikes. Just... yikes.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

1) I'm not going t share it with you.
2) I could give a rats ass what rogcodex forums say...they say alot of things.
3) Even if I was t o share i t that attitude would definately put youoff my list of sharees.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Rune_74 wrote:1) I'm not going t share it with you.
2) I could give a rats ass what rogcodex forums say...they say alot of things.
3) Even if I was t o share i t that attitude would definately put youoff my list of sharees.
I respect those who respect me , notice how i changed shortly after :wink:

But well , merry christmas to you Rune_74 :twisted:
Al3xand3r
Apprentice

Post by Al3xand3r »

No respect for NDAs and a will to share stuff with everyone huh? I guess we know at least one person who will not get to beta test Book II no matter how many times he tries to apply, heh.

PS: Bought Book I recently and love it to bits but this forum thread cracked me up and made me wanna sign up here myself. Don't expect many posts, I'm in the middle of my army service going back tommorow.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Al3xand3r wrote:No respect for NDAs and a will to share stuff with everyone huh? I guess we know at least one person who will not get to beta test Book II no matter how many times he tries to apply, heh..
Different accounts , different emails , different ips... One to play and one to post if the game is any good. Alot of people do it , you should've seen the crysis forums when it was in beta :shock: :D

But now i'll say goodnight , night 8)
stryker
Initiate

Post by stryker »

Latest post by Cleve in RPGwatch forums is that it will be finished by the beginning of March. Apparently all that is left is testing.
Why not release a beta and have beta testers to ensure quality.

I just don't know whether to believe him or not. It's been 13 years for me and the waiting is getting old. But if it does come out, it looks like EXACTLY the game I love to play, and I would gladly pay up to $50 if it is as good as I think and takes massive hours to complete.

I guess if I waited 13 years I can wait another 2 more months........
cacaro
Pledge

Post by cacaro »

stryker wrote:Latest post by Cleve in RPGwatch forums is that it will be finished by the beginning of March. Apparently all that is left is testing.
Why not release a beta and have beta testers to ensure quality.

I just don't know whether to believe him or not. It's been 13 years for me and the waiting is getting old. But if it does come out, it looks like EXACTLY the game I love to play, and I would gladly pay up to $50 if it is as good as I think and takes massive hours to complete.

I guess if I waited 13 years I can wait another 2 more months........
I really don't know how much we can trust him after his christmas prank. Anyway, I'm dying to play this game and a more recent beta would be VERY appreciated
stryker
Initiate

Post by stryker »

Well, here's how most indies promote their stuff

During development, they create a web site and update it frequently to create a fan base. There's a forum (LIKE THIS ONE) and it gets prospective clients really pumped up. From time to time, they will post screen shots.

Realize that what Cleve is doing, he probably has invested more hours than we can imagine. I cannot fathom him not wanting to make a web site to gather in potential buyers. Instead, we are left with speculation and rumor. And not even a playable demo. And he says the full, bug-free game will be ready in a couple of months? Hard to believe, Harry.

So I don't know what to believe, but if Cleve wants to make money off this thing, he's doing it the wrong way, and alienating many of his potential customers.

I really want to believe this game is going to be coming out. I'm am back to replaying Might and Magic VI until the supposed March release date.

From what I have been reading, Grimoire will be a showstopper. I want to believe..........