Couple minor issues

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
GryphonMD
Initiate

Couple minor issues

Post by GryphonMD »

Let me preface this by saying this is a very enjoyable game... it's nice to see Mac support (and Linux!) as well.

Couple things I've found during gameplay that may or may not be known:

- chest contents/merchant inventories are not set until you open or access them, so if you save the game right before accessing one and don't like what the chest or merchant is offering, a reload will change what's available.

- a chest that's involved in a quest does not allow you to place or remove your own items like the directions say you can. Example: I dropped my hoard of arrows into the chest in Bordertown that contained the crucible so I had enough free encumbrance to carry it. When I returned to Bordertown to reclaim my arrows, the smith said I stole them and attacked me.

Thanks.
[RICHR]
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

I think I've experienced this too. Strange because I think I'd store things inside this chest without the blacksmith getting angry about that before.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I had it happen to me in Bordertown except it was the Alchemist. I had gone in and out of that chest close to the top of the screen near the well and then all of a sudden he was attacking me. No more getting potion ingredients from him! :cry:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

If someone is after you and you are skilled in Divination, cast Charm on them. When it wears off they will have forgotten that they were mad at you.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Well, I know that for next time. At that time I hadn't found the spell yet, nor seen it for sale. Oh well. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!