Minecraft server?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Minecraft server?

Post by Vroqren »

Yeah, it was. There's still plenty of cola down there that I didn't mine though.
As unfortunate as it is, It's fine. Everything that I lost (with the exception of 1 pick) was mined down there, so I technically only lost the pick, and never had any of the other stuff.

On a brighter note, I have what I think would be a good sized castle laid out with redstone, and signs marking specific points, ETC.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

Um...I'm getting kicked by the server, stating I don't have access?
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Try again... I did change one setting, but I didn't think that would be the result. Just changed it back to what it was.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

yeah that did it apparently - i'm in
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Nether Portal to Summer Home: 210x, 67y, -149z

Nether Portal to Town: -9x, 73y, 12z
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Added 'Where' Commands to the server.

Just type Where: [location] and it will tell you the co-ords for it. I wrote the once that I currently have programmed into the game on the notice board in front of town.

llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

I built a path from Portal to Portal last night in the Nether, for an easy trip out to the summer house. Chests have been emptied, but there's a decent cave system below that might hold more goodies.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Well, I managed to deplete our entire obsidian supply in working on the castle. We've obviously got quite a few layers to go, but it's coming along nicely. I say, do the rest of the walls purely with Nether Brick, and the terraces with obsidian. Once we reach the height we want for the castle, I know what I want to do with the terraces, so leave those to me. Any designs you guys want to do on the walls, or anything you want to do on the interior, feel free to do. I'm still not sure about the ceiling, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, we've got about 20 layers+ to do.

It's coming along very nicely though, I'm happy with it. I'll need to do plenty more obsidian mining, and probably even need a new ravine pretty soon.

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

I have an obsidian to redstone generator in the ravine. You can use it for obsidian if you feel like grinding.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Well, I have had no success in the nether recently. If anyone more brave than I would like to spend days on end looking for Magma Cubes for magma cream in the Nether, be my guest. I am going to devote my time to a cave spider farm. I need a decent way to get experience, and that seems like as good as any to me. So, I'll be working on that the next week or so.

If you guys want to, we cannot really get too much obsidian, nether brick, or nether quartz. I'd like to do a single Nether Quartz stripe in the obsidian terraces, so we'll need about 1.5 stacks of blocks (smooth, not pillars or marbled).

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Just a reminder: To anyone who wants to join the server, just PM me your minecraft username, I'll send you the I.P., and Whitelist you. Anyone who's willing to cooperate, and not do dumb stuff like light our town on fire can be on the server.

Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

About the nether quartz: since the server was created before 1.5, it's extremely hard to find nether quartz in the nether. Well not hard, but you have to walk like 200-300 blocks to find any.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Yeah, but while hunting for Magma Cubes, I was finding plenty of it. That's two birds with one stone, I just don't have time to do it right now. Anyway, if you bring a fortune or silk touch pick it's not hard to get a ton. We only need about 1.5 stacks, and I have the half stack in my chest.

Anyway, you don't have to do it, I'm just letting people know that if they have nothing to do, that would be a good favor for me.

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Just to emphasize: I'm working on two experience farms right now. The first is in the overworld, and will be from the cave spiders. If you see cave spider spawners anywhere at all, don't break them! Light the area around them up, but don't break them. The same applies to blaze spawners in the nether.
The blazes will be my second exp farm.

BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Should this topic be made sticky?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.