What are your favourite music artists?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
phaedrus
Apprentice

Re: What are your favourite music artists?

Post by phaedrus »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Today I'm loving a little Led Zepplin...with Viking Kittens. ;)

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings ... ittens.swf

If you spend an hour listening to my iTunes favorites on shuffle, however, you'll know that I'm completely insane. Everything from Nat King Cole to Reba McIntyre to Pink Floyd to AC/DC and a whole lot more all over the place. My favorite group, though, is The Band.
That song never gets old. That's right Zeppelin Haterz! NEVAR.

Also, someone edited the 1980s Indian made-for-TV version of Ramayan into a music video for Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. It works amazingly well (you may have seen this already--it's been around for a while and got posted to a lot of forums and major blogs about a year ago. If you haven't, click the link already, well, unless you're perusing my Devin Townsend links above ;) )
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Chrissie Hynde (the Pretenders).

I wouldn't mind jamming with her in whatever afterlife there may be (if any). You know, a little dual acoustical thing to set the tone.

Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Don't forget Abba.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Evnissyen wrote:Don't forget Abba.
Why not? Please, let me forget Abba. I would so love those brain cells back. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

The Carpenters, then?

Or, while we're at it... N'Sync?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Sympathy156
Initiate

Post by Sympathy156 »

I listen to most types of music, but mostly alternative and rock. My favourite band is Mew, and I love The Used and Queen as well. Been listening to a lot of Jónsi lately, he's really good! :D Some of my other favourites are The Vaine, Red Riders, Philadelphia Grand Jury and Mors Principium Est.

Evnissyen; I applaud your listening to Sigur Rós and the Swirlies :D do you like Mew? They're associated with those bands.
put your hand in mine
we will go skating
on the thinnest ice
that we can find
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Sympathy156 wrote:Evnissyen; I applaud your listening to Sigur Rós and the Swirlies :D do you like Mew? They're associated with those bands.
Yeah, Swirlies were a local band, they used to be great, in the early days, once upon a time, long long ago, before Seana left.

She started a new band called Syrup USA, and put out I think just one record, which was, well, okay. Haven't heard of her since. She was talented, but... not sure what happened to her.

Blonder Tongue Audio Baton - Swirlies - is still a great record.

Haven't listened to Mew; I'll have to check them out.
jhonsadins
Initiate

Post by jhonsadins »

Hello Friends..
My favorites are BB King, Robert Johnson, Howling Wolf, Buddy Guy Stevie Ray Vaughan are totally rap metal, rock and bluegrass and old-time roll.