Q&A - Ask a question, Get an answer

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

chrisglie wrote:But how do you bash?
Hold left-shift and left-click on the target. If you're wielding a bow or a thrown weapon, this will shoot at the target.
chrisglie
Initiate

Post by chrisglie »

Thanks, excuse me for being stupid.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

chrisglie wrote:Thanks, excuse me for being stupid.
Not at all!

Enjoy the game. :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

chrisglie wrote:But how do you bash?
If I remember correctly, don't have my manuel handy, you hold down the left shift key and put arrow over target and left click mouse on target (barrel)? Remember that if your bashing barrels or other objects with a weapon, it can break before the barrel does. :) To set off Powder kegs do the same thing with a distance weapon, like a bow.

edit: oops, someone beat me to it.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Actually you can set off powder kegs with a melee weapon too ... it's just normally not too smart (although if you are knee deep in goblins it may be the best you can hope for). 8>.
macmert
Apprentice

Post by macmert »

ok can I ask one too??

I couldnt find Grimmond East and Grimmond West quick travel signposts can you tell me where they are??? Or Am I looking for it at the wrong place...

Grimmond is the castle that a dead soldier is lying there and you tell him that you will cleanse the castle from goblins...If you could show me on the screenshots that would be awesome thx :D
Nihlum
Apprentice

Post by Nihlum »

macmert wrote:ok can I ask one too??

I couldnt find Grimmond East and Grimmond West quick travel signposts can you tell me where they are??? Or Am I looking for it at the wrong place...

Grimmond is the castle that a dead soldier is lying there and you tell him that you will cleanse the castle from goblins...If you could show me on the screenshots that would be awesome thx :D
The sign posts are not in the Grimmhold map, rather they are on the map outside of Grimmhold on either side, i.e NW corner of the starting map (the one with Elderhollow and Aridell) and then again outside the west gate (central tanglewood?)
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

And they are not wooden signs like the other you may have seen, they are dark gray stone obelisks.
macmert
Apprentice

Post by macmert »

ehe thx so much and another question regarding the divine ore quest...

I remember some cave east of blackwater with merceneries in front of it and after I get the divine ore quest I cant find the cave!!!???

Can someone direct me to it... thx...

One more thing... Is there a way to backstab?? So hiding and moving silently is worthy?? and is there a way to increase the chance to hit criticals and is there a way to view my critical chance???

I remember some silly monster hit me twice crit in a row :D I would like to hit better criticals too... And (ok this is the last one promise heh) does anyone have the full spell list for elemental and divine??? How many spells are there???
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

It's actually South and East (one map down IIRC) .. it's halfway across in the North, and all you can see is a rectangular slope down to it. However it looks like a dead end (at three pillars) until you throw some light on the matter...

I think there was only one bandit outside. Rather more inside...
macmert
Apprentice

Post by macmert »

Thank you...

And can anyone answer my question about the criticals??? How r they calculated and how can we increase the chance to hit critical???
rayres
Apprentice

Post by rayres »

macmert wrote:Thank you...

And can anyone answer my question about the criticals??? How r they calculated and how can we increase the chance to hit critical???
I think chance of critical is 1% x your weapon skill.

Rob
chrisglie
Initiate

Post by chrisglie »

How do you use a lantern? Please be precise.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

chrisglie wrote:How do you use a lantern? Please be precise.
Place it in your shield slot.
chrisglie
Initiate

Post by chrisglie »

Is there a way to turn off all music and sound completely?