Hide in shadows is overpowered

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

Hide in shadows is overpowered

Post by Daemian Lucifer »

I got a single point in hide in shadows,and pretty late(about half of the game),yet I can do all kinds of things with it.I can make myself completelly invisible and prepare in the dark by casting all sorts of buffs(bless,predator sight,haste and enkindle weapon dont cancel your concealment,I dont know if this is true for the rest,but Im guessing it is2),and then deliver a forcefull blow to my enemy,run,hide again and repeat.It seems that attacking doesnt cancel your hiding if you dont deliver any damage.So I can swing and swing and swing until I damage the enemy(and once I do,it sure will hurt),and he wont notice me at all.As long as I stay in one place,I will remain hidden no matter what I do.And the enemies will just walk right through me.I cannot imagine what wouldve happened if I picked this one up at the begining and had 20+ ranks in it.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

I don't know at what level this happens, Daemian Lucifer, but when I'm hidden, I can damage enemies and they still can't see me. They may eventually, but I only have to move and I'm hidden again.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Hide in shadows of about 5 seems to be a good point.

There are places with lamp stands that can't be extinguished to prevent hide in shadows from completely being over abused. Still running a rogue with cats eyes in the demo shows how much easier this is than a straight fighter. Nightfall is fun.
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

Post by Daemian Lucifer »

acoustibop wrote:I don't know at what level this happens, Daemian Lucifer, but when I'm hidden, I can damage enemies and they still can't see me. They may eventually, but I only have to move and I'm hidden again.
I have just a single point in hide in shadows.And I checked,if I move just one tile,I become hidden as well.
Odium
Apprentice

Post by Odium »

Fun games with hide in shadows

Needed: A cozy warm summers night and a character with a few points in hide in shadows and some torches

Also needed: A map with a full population of monsters, at least 3 different kinds

How to play:
Light your torch an start running. Collect each and ev'ry monster existing on the map. Got 'em all? Douse your torch and enjoy the show :twisted: