Anyway out of the last dungeon tulashon?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
subzero22
Initiate

Anyway out of the last dungeon tulashon?

Post by subzero22 »

While I was out of the house my friend who is new to this game was exploring with his character. He's only like level 10 and only done like half the main quest not even knowing about the crux yet. Not sure how but he managed to find his way into the very last dungeon/castle you go to in the game. He doesn't have the crux or much with him at this point.

Is it actually possible to somehow win the game without having the crux of fire and is there a way to escape the dungeon as he had gone pretty far into it.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Anyway out of the last dungeon tulashon?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

He cannot win without the Crux, but he should be able to walk back out of Talushorn. You don't get trapped inside. It's not a one-way decision going in there.

One of the really cool things in the Eschalon games is just how open the world is. For the most part, you can go where you want and find yourself wandering in way over your head at times.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
subzero22
Initiate

Post by subzero22 »

Thanks for replying and ya not sure how he managed to get so far into the dungeon. Although he's trying to play an archer and didn't listen to my advice of where most his stats should go so has a really low hit chance against the enemies there and out of arrows. He was basicly stuck between two rooms.

I think the reason why I thought he was stuck was because my last character I played ended up becoming stuck after getting to the last boss. Unlike in book 1 you can't go back to explore the world like in book two and I still had a couple missions I wanted to complete. He was still stuck in his own way though as he couldn't sleep, out of arrows and low on health with no potions and tourax on both sides. He ended up just starting a new character. Just wish he would listen to me about stats and where most should go since he is determined to be an archer but wants to keep them all as even as possible. Drives me crazy even though it's his character lol.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Yes. People must be allowed to fail in their own way. ;-) As long as he's having fun, though, he's not really failing.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.