First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Post by CrazyBernie »

Ask and ye shall receive! :twisted:

I'll try to keep things moving here... later.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

You sir, are amazing. Gonna call you Santa Bernie!
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

Hiya!! Coming back from the dead after over 10 years of not login in that forum I find this giveaway... Well, thanks!!

So I pick 8 and 15.
Those pack seems to have little gems.

Also CB: I discovered your LtF series today. Red everything (about 2h read?) and my did I enjoy it. The style, the little bits of Lewis' thoughts process and humour, also helped me renew with the universe of Eschalon a bit.
I believe his favourite colour to be Brown though I don't think he remembers! Ha!
Here's my reasoning: Chests and those tempting XXX Barrels are wooden brown and contains loot and goodies. Doors leading to new (and back from) adventure are brown too... And I would sprinkle chocolate on everything (almost everything; certainly not on sh*t!)...
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Welcome back, and welcome to The List! :twisted: :o :shock:

I'll get you those games and add some flavor text. I'm on the road currently for work; I'm hanging in my hotel room right now and being lazy (got an early day tomorrow), but I promise to update soon!

I'm actually working on another bit of fan fiction for my collection. This one should be pretty interesting - it might actually be too big to just paste into a single post. I've been poking at it off and on since 2016.. >.<

**edit** Well, it might fit after all... successfully pasted 3800 words into a single post field... although I ain't done yet... ^_^
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

Too many games, don't know what I could even pick XD

Great idea for this new decade, though !

Edit : I decided to push my luck, and put on my armor to challenge the beast. I not so stealthily walked till the bedroom and prodded the (not snoring) sleeping hulk of a... bundle of love.
- Sweet darling, I'm sorry to disturb your rest at such an ungodly hour, but I found a giveway on a forum for games.
- huh ?
- There happens to be a bundle with Ultra Street fighter IV, would you by any chance be interested in it ?
- huh !(slightly moves head in a way that seems to mean "yes, I do")
- ok, sleep well my love
*level up jingle*

So, being still alive after challenging the beast, I'd like to pick number 11
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

A dark mist begins billowing near The List as it's remaining appendages begin thrashing and striking out at our heroes. The mist seems to collapse in on itself, forming a living cloak. Stalfos steps forward, with an immense scythe in hand. The glowing tentacles that are Pick's 8 and 16 freeze, then suddenly they both whip in his direction. Calmly, as though strolling through a park, Stalfos turns toward the speeding limbs of energy and begins to twirl his scythe as though were merely a baton. Dark energy gathers, and Stalfos darts forward between the two Picks. An almost imperceptible, circular slash severs both Picks, which continue to thrash around for a few moments before stilling.
Last edited by CrazyBernie on May 28th, 2021, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I might be baaaaaaaaack... >.>
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

CrazyBernie wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:48 pm I might be baaaaaaaaack... >.>
I'll try to stay in front of this one... ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

The List belts out a furious roar that releases its own shockwave, momentarily stunning the gathered heroes as they are flung several feet back. The entire creature begins to glow with a pulsing light, as it prepares a final, devastating attack. The heroes struggle to recover, but it appears that it will be in vain... The List clearly plans to self-detonate, destroying everyone and everything in the surrounding area.

Just as the pulsing is reaching its crescendo, a vertical slash in reality appears in front of the monster, widening into a portal of glowing blue energy. Out of the portal steps Lewis, clad in some sort of leather gear, holding a rifle in both hands. Looking around, he flashes a scoundrel's grin. "Sorry guys, The Boss decided this was taking way too long." He lifts the rifle to one shoulder as it begins to emit a high-pitched whine. Upon pulling the trigger, a beam of super-heated plasma leaps from the barrel, striking and boring through The List with surgical precision. It's core implodes before the residual energy buildup creates a bubble inside the beast. It suddenly explodes outward, raining slimy purple goo everywhere, and on everyone - almost. Curiously, a small radius around Lewis remains perfectly untouched.

Lewis turns back towards the heroes, wrinkling his nose. "Whoops... didn't see that coming." Cracking another grin, he winks and gives a two-finger salute. As he steps back into the portal, he gives one last quip. "Enjoy the loot party!"

*** All items collapse into The Corpse! ***
*** All abilities lost! ***
*** Preparing The Handout!! ***
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

The Corpse is growing....

I may actually split things up by genre... it'll save some folks on the scanning... 'cause why waste time when looking for that free stuff? :mrgreen:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I swear it won't take the whole decade to give these games away... I'm slowly cleaning up the list... still got more games to add, but then it's gonna be "everyone pick 5 games" and we'll see where that goes.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (98.47 KiB) Viewed 5402 times