Deep Sky Derelicts

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Deep Sky Derelicts

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Recently on a GOG sale I picked up this game, Deep Sky Derelicts. Kind of interesting mix of exploration and deck builder in an SF deep space setting. I'm early in the mid-game right now and it's gotten very challenging. Anybody else try it?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Deep Sky Derelicts

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Ah, that looks cool! I've added it to my Steam wishlist, will grab at next sale for sure.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

My wife is a little annoyed at how much I've been playing it, and I'm only on a first trial run to get the hang of the mechanics. I need to go back and try some of the other classes and probably make a custom team.
---

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

That looks really interesting. I love the comic book style artwork and vibe, and I've been on the lookout for a good turn-based RPG with a card aesthetic. Too bad it's only on PC. I'd love to have this on my Switch, or even on my Mac. :(
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Nice, it's like Darkest Dungeons, but in space (and w/cards, lol).

Void Bastards has a similar aesthetic, if completely different gameplay. It's more dark-humour-y, and it's a 1st person shooter-roguelike... but similar art and theme.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

MyGameCompany wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:46 am That looks really interesting. I love the comic book style artwork and vibe, and I've been on the lookout for a good turn-based RPG with a card aesthetic. Too bad it's only on PC. I'd love to have this on my Switch, or even on my Mac. :(
deepsky.jpg
deepsky.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 6317 times
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

MyGameCompany wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:46 am That looks really interesting. I love the comic book style artwork and vibe, and I've been on the lookout for a good turn-based RPG with a card aesthetic. Too bad it's only on PC. I'd love to have this on my Switch, or even on my Mac. :(
As Bernie showed above, it does run on Mac. I know, because I'm running it on a Mac.
---

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Interesting. When I searched Google for the game, it took me to the company's web site, and it only mentions PC:
http://www.snowhoundgames.com/deep-sky-derelicts/
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

MyGameCompany wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm Interesting. When I searched Google for the game, it took me to the company's web site, and it only mentions PC:
http://www.snowhoundgames.com/deep-sky-derelicts/
They may just mean that it's not on console platforms. Mac and Windows are both PCs to many people.

Followed the link to the developer's site and it also shows a price of $4.99 on Steam right now. Not sure if that's just not updated, or if that's correct.
---