My invisible brother

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Rumor
Initiate

My invisible brother

Post by Rumor »

I've just managed to clear Vela and have entered the little building with two wood crosses and some skeletal remains. This is the building accessed by throwing a lever to open a portcullis.

As I stepped in, I got a message speaking of the grisly sight of a cauldron cooking humans and amid this horror I see a man hanging from a rack who is still alive . . . Only the racks are empty. There is no other person in the room. I presume this is where my brother was supposed to be, but it seems he had a prior engagement and cannot meet me. :shock:

Is this a bug?
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

I think you should speak the the man on the rack, Rumor. You don't know who he is yet, do you?
Rumor
Initiate

Post by Rumor »

That's just it. There is no man on a rack. I got a message telling me that I see a man on a rack, but there isn't one.

I have been to Lillith who told me what my amulet was. I've been to the inn in Blackwater and checked in under an assumed name. I've visited a vault and read a letter from someone near and dear to me. So I am pretty certain that there is supposed to be a man on a rack in this room . . . but he's not there.

I'd love to speak to him . . . but that would entail him actually being present to speak.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Errr...pesky little problem there. See, the Goblin Bombthugs are programmed to seek out friendlies and bomb them. Unfortunately, depending on how to progress through that map, they occasionally see your brother on the rack and decide to bomb him.

Really, I hate to tell you this, but you should go back to a previous save and try to draw the enemies away from that building. If you have no previous saves, you can continue on with the game without speaking to your bro.
Rumor
Initiate

Post by Rumor »

Well, shucks . . . he probably owed me money too. I can't remember.

I'll back up a save or two and see if I can't save his sorry hide.