Divine Divinity

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Divine Divinity

Post by Saxon1974 »

I had an urge to play another isometric RPG in the Eschalon\Baldur's gate style, so I went back and played Divine Divinity.

Yea the game has a stupid name, but It's quite a good game. Much better than I though when I first played it.

The 2D graphics are great at creating an atmosphere, the soundtrack is great, and the game is pretty wide open to explore.

If you like games of this type, I would highly recommend it.

The only real complaints I have are the Diablo style hack and slash combat, just too much it it and the first dungeon in the game is too long with too much combat.

Once you get out of the the first dungeon the game really opens up into a nice RPG with interesting Quests and NPC's to talk to and many areas to explore. The soundtrack is very impressive as well.

Oh yea and make sure if you play to turn off the voices as the voice-overs are pretty bad as usual....
tdisen
Initiate

Re: Divine Divinity

Post by tdisen »

You're right about the first dungeon. That place is brutal, especially since it's nearly the first thing you do. I found the game a couple months ago on the bargain rack at Target, but I haven't really gotten too deep into it yet.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I am actually trying to find my disk for this game now.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

The Farm\Castle\City area is great. Lots of NPC's to talk to and different quests, stuff to explore etc.....

If only the combat could have been a bit more strategic and less of it, but even so I still really like this game. I hear they are announcing the Sequel sometime in the next few days. Only bad thing is they are going full 3D and first person like Oblivion so I doubt Im gonna like it.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

I thought it was a pain. The first part of the game was fine. Then the second part with the six castles of the evil minions was too much. I stopped playing.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

mytgroo wrote:I thought it was a pain. The first part of the game was fine. Then the second part with the six castles of the evil minions was too much. I stopped playing.
Im not sure what game your describing, I think the first part is the worst part of the game and I have not seen any six castles of the evil minions.

I really think this game is so good in so many areas, all expect the amount of hack and slash combat.