Paladin Character

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Xex
Apprentice

Paladin Character

Post by Xex »

After playing the game as a ranger (no magic) and pure mage (quarterstaff only, all spells) I want to play as a Paladin: Greatsword, heavy armor, divine magic.

SO where to put my attribute points?

I am prioritising them as follows at char gen:

STR
PER
WIS
CON
DEX

During game I will pump only STR and PER, occasioanlly dumping some in CON.

Thoughts? Also, is DEX useful for greatsword weilders and heavy armor wearers or not?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Paladin Character

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Xex wrote:After playing the game as a ranger (no magic) and pure mage (quarterstaff only, all spells) I want to play as a Paladin: Greatsword, heavy armor, divine magic.

SO where to put my attribute points?

I am prioritising them as follows at char gen:

STR
PER
WIS
CON
DEX

During game I will pump only STR and PER, occasioanlly dumping some in CON.

Thoughts? Also, is DEX useful for greatsword weilders and heavy armor wearers or not?
Don't ignore Dexterity. It affects both your To Hit rating and your Armor rating, making it easier for you to hit your opponents and harder for them to hit you.

Also, Endurance is more help for raising Hit Points than Strength. I would, however, focus on Perception first to get the maximum Mana per level and regeneration (at Per 40)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Strength of 12 to 14 at the start will cover carrying capacity, but you will need to swap the sword for spell casting in the beginning depending upon your weapon weight. You can always raise it later.

Dexterity is useful after you get perception 40 and endurance 20. Divination spells get resisted more than elemental spells in Book 1.
Zerikin
Initiate

Post by Zerikin »

Here is how I did my paladin. I would recommend getting air shield ASAP as well, or even starting as a mage and then adding div and going with the armor and sword once you can buy it. I did not find anything beyond the 2nd tier of div spells to be very useful on my paladin.
Xex
Apprentice

Post by Xex »

How many points should i put in heavy armor skill?

So from the info in this thread DEX is important? I guess I will proiritze y stats like this:

STR, PER, DEX, WIS, END/

Thoughts?