How big is the Basilisk team?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
TheBuzzSaw
Apprentice

How big is the Basilisk team?

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

The "About Us" page is rather bare. I'm new the community and may have missed this information elsewhere, so bear with me. :P

How many people made EB2?
Amateurs practice until they do it right.
Professionals practice until they never do it wrong.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: How big is the Basilisk team?

Post by Dragonlady »

TheBuzzSaw wrote:The "About Us" page is rather bare. I'm new the community and may have missed this information elsewhere, so bear with me. :P

How many people made EB2?
Just BW. He did hire some people for art work, music, etc. and a bit of help here and there. Of course there were the alpha and beta testers. One man operation and he does a very good job! When you get either Book 1 or Book 2 click on the 'credits' line to see who was working on the games. Someone else may pop in with exact forum location for what you asked.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
TheBuzzSaw
Apprentice

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Wow, that is mega impressive. I am finishing my last year at a university for computer science. I am working with a partner to start a game development business. It's weird to think my team is twice as big as BW's. (Not implying anything by that. It's just funny.) :P

EB2 has some really epic polish to it. It looks just as good as any game made by a company with 20 members. It's that kind of quality that the industry needs. Kudos, BW. :)
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

It is impressive, considering the quality of his output.

Hey, if there're any new or aspiring RPG game developers who want to collaborate with a[nother] writer... ?

I'd love to help write RPG's . . . I programmed the beginnings of a few when I was a kid, but, that was long ago. I don't do programming any longer.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
TheBuzzSaw
Apprentice

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

I want to begin working on an RPG soon. Maybe I'll have ya submit a writing sample sometime. :P
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

Dragonlady wrote:Just BW.
:shock:

I thought Basilisk Games was made up of like three or four people, BW being the ringleader
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

BuzzSaw:
'Twould be cool indeed, but didn't you just recently say you're not into stories and that you're mostly into hack & slash? :evil:

EDIT :
Anyhow... anyone who happened to be at all interested is certainly welcome to check out my author's page and read my stuff . . . not my best, but I can't speak for other editors' taste, and also, most of it's not bad, well, except for the last one listed, the Triptych, that one's lame.

Also, not a lot to show off, oh well. If I can finish the two books I'm working on, soon, and get them into print, maybe I won't be so much of a loser any longer. :(

Also:
The writing found therein wouldn't really describe what an Evnissyen RPG would look like... . I'll just say I'm into strong stories, strong character development and interaction, reputation, consequences, and so on and so forth. ...And weirdness.
Last edited by Evnissyen on May 28th, 2010, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
TheBuzzSaw
Apprentice

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Evnissyen wrote:BuzzSaw:
'Twould be cool indeed, but didn't you just say you're not into stories and favor hack & slash? :evil:
Hey now... I'm just not into that super heavy story... Story in any game is still crucial to everything making sense.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Ah, you posted before I could finish editing.

Anyhow... sure, I could do something light, something that would work within the limits of an action-focused RPG. Feel free to PM me if you're into starting something, I can come up with a text to work with what you're looking for.