Grim Dawn, from the makers of Titan Quest

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
harlequ1n
Initiate

Grim Dawn, from the makers of Titan Quest

Post by harlequ1n »

Hi everyone, I've been reading and reading these forums ever since I downloaded the Mac demo of Eschalon: Book 1 a week or so ago. Anyway, one of the subsections that I enjoy the most is Role-Playing Games and it surprised me that no-one has mentioned Grim Dawn, the opera prima of Crave Entertainment (made of former Iron Lore Interactive members).

It's basically a very dark and grim Victorian Era take on Titan Quest (more akin to Diablo now). Their forums are also very friendly and full of RPG lovers like here.

Here are some freshly released pictures of the pre-alpha version:

Renevent
Initiate

Re: Grim Dawn, from the makers of Titan Quest

Post by Renevent »

Personally Grim Dawn is one of my most anticipated games of 2011 (if it comes in 2011). Really loved Titan Quest so have high hopes for this game as well.

By the way...it's Crate Entertainment :P
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

The game does look pretty good - I'll be keeping an eye on it, along with so many others :D
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I'm necromancing this thread since they just posted a gameplay video of the Occultist class. Titan Quest is my favorite hack n slash, loot-fest, dungeon crawl aRPG so I'm obviously excited about this upcoming game. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YI2DMPWpWg

I thought it was pretty badass myself. :twisted:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I liked titan quest but the camera always irritated me.

Of course that didnt stop me from playing it ;)

This game looks great as well.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

blatherbeard wrote:I liked titan quest but the camera always irritated me.

Of course that didnt stop me from playing it ;)

This game looks great as well.
As it did a lot of people. I'm fairly active at the Grim Dawn forums and this is something that definitely has been discussed. If you notice, the camera gets rotated several times in the video and it has been confirmed that the camera is freely movable now (well, rotatable, not sure if you can change the angle to more overhead or more ground level).
Will Pay For Cloth Map
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

sirdilznik wrote: As it did a lot of people. I'm fairly active at the Grim Dawn forums and this is something that definitely has been discussed. If you notice, the camera gets rotated several times in the video and it has been confirmed that the camera is freely movable now (well, rotatable, not sure if you can change the angle to more overhead or more ground level).
Rotateable is great, id just settle for a good distance from the toon. (which looks like they did a good job with this time) My gripe was more that you couldnt see enemies coming because it was too close to the toon.

video def looks amazing
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Just a heads up: Crate Entertainment has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for Grim Dawn. It only launched a few hours ago, but they're already up to 10% of their goal, so a pretty positive start. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cra ... /grim-dawn
Will Pay For Cloth Map
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

sirdilznik wrote:Just a heads up: Crate Entertainment has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for Grim Dawn. It only launched a few hours ago, but they're already up to 10% of their goal, so a pretty positive start. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cra ... /grim-dawn
Hah, damn ,you beat me to it! I was just hitting up my usual haunts to let folks know :)
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Im sure this game will rock. Ive never played titan quest or any affiliated, but ive read very good reviews from people who played. The people who played say that its one of the best rpgs made. hopefully gog will release this someday.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

I had pre-purchased from them at the normal level (no perks) - just upgraded to the $35 package on Kickstarter for the perks that interested me - looks like they are doing well so far, for just over a day in:

2,035 Backers

$92,673 pledged of $280,000 goal

30 days to go

This project will only be funded if at least $280,000 is pledged by Friday May 18, 11:59pm EDT.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

deathknight1728 wrote:Im sure this game will rock. Ive never played titan quest or any affiliated, but ive read very good reviews from people who played. The people who played say that its one of the best rpgs made. hopefully gog will release this someday.
I consider Titan Quest to be the best loot em up ever made. I know it's blasphemy to say that any game in the genre is better than Diablo 2, but IMHO Titan Quest is better then Diablo 2.

I was already a backer of this game before the Kickstarter, but I bumped myself up to the Digital Deluxe Edition tier.

It's crazy they got both a 4k and a 8k pledge. That's amazingly generous! It's very likely that they'll meet and exceed their goal of 280k.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

sirdilznik wrote:
I consider Titan Quest to be the best loot em up ever made. I know it's blasphemy to say that any game in the genre is better than Diablo 2, but IMHO Titan Quest is better then Diablo 2.

I was already a backer of this game before the Kickstarter, but I bumped myself up to the Digital Deluxe Edition tier.

It's crazy they got both a 4k and a 8k pledge. That's amazingly generous! It's very likely that they'll meet and exceed their goal of 280k.[/quote]

I cant agree, even if its just for the camera position and ease of the game.

I remember banging my head against the wall repeatedly in D2, on most every level, where in TQ i only got frustrated at the very end of the game, and i never even had an urge to beat it on a higher difficulty.

Although i will admit i did still love the game which will be the biggest reason i play the new one, and will probabaly love it as well.

sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

The Grim Dawn Kickstarter just met its funding goal with 11 days to spare. Now it's just a matter of how much they surpass their goal by. This game is going to kick so much ass. It will be some time still until I get to play this bad boy, luckily I'll have Torchlight 2 to help pass the time until then.
:mrgreen:
Will Pay For Cloth Map
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

Who's got two thumbs and is playing the Grim Dawn alpha? This guy.

Really stable for an alpha build, zero crashes and glitches so far. Having a total blast playing it. Crate Entertainment definitely know how to make a loot em' up.
:mrgreen:
Will Pay For Cloth Map