Sell me your boxed edition copy?!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
eriqchang
Pledge

Sell me your boxed edition copy?!

Post by eriqchang »

I am in love with this game. Just bought it... would love to own a copy of the very original limited run packaging with dvd, etc.

Does anyone want to part with their copy?

Name your price and I will paypal you and give you my shipping address!

Thanks,
-eriq
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Sell me your boxed edition copy?!

Post by Evnissyen »

I suppose you could always just make your own?

(Not sure where you might find empty DVD cases, I'm sure they must be around, just never bothered to look for them . . . personally, I've been using old DVD cases that AOL used to send me . . . hey, remember AOL? HA HA HA HA HA! :P )

...But if you can get a DVD case, obviously all you have to do is print out a color cover and insert it . . . voila!

...Which reminds me . . . I have to do the same thing with Avernum VI, since all I have now is a blank & white sleeve scrawled in my own handwriting: "Avernum 6" . . . damn cheapo Spiderweb Software only sent it to me in a paper sleeve, for chrissake . . . with dithered black and white print on the disc. Computer-generated, of all things. Pixelated.

I mean... I suppose I can't blame them for doing the best they can to stay afloat, but, just saying... when I ordered their game special by mail, I expected an actual DVD box. No inserts or manuals necessary, the box is enough.

Could've made my own DVD myself, after all.

Never again.

I mean . . . they could have, if they'd wanted to, said "No dvd's available by mail." By they didn't.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

"them" you say. as if Jeff Vogel could afford full time employees. funny :)
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Heh... Well, he does actually have two other people working alongside with him, but... yeah, I sympathize, naturally, with the fact that it's at the core a one-man business. I forgive him for an awful lot of corner-cutting even it it does more damage to his game quality and sales prospects than I think he fully cares to realize or cares to spend the effort/time addressing, not forgetting the old business adage that time=money.

Honestly and personally: I still prefer and adhere to the Basilisk Games method of: taking as long as it takes to get it right before you put it out there.

Sure, Eschalon uses the same blocky sort of very-fast world-building method, but it does so with so much more visual class, visual adeptness, visual feeling.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.