port kuudad chest puzzle doesn't work correctly.

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

port kuudad chest puzzle doesn't work correctly.

Post by pincaviglia86 »

the chest puzzle does not work in the port kuudad sewers. I have put the correct items into the chests, and in the correct order. I pulled the lever, and no stairs appeared. Is this a problem with the 1.03 update, windows vista 64, or what. Do they have to be mutiple copies of each item in the chests or single items? I "KNOW" I have put the right items into the chests, and i "KNOW" they are in the correct order. Why doesn't the stairs appear? :? :?:
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: port kuudad chest puzzle doesn't work correctly.

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Image

Considering your attitude, do you really think you deserve help?
No sir....I suppose I don't deserve any help. I do appologize for taking up your time. I reckon that us lower eschalon (no pun intended) folk need to figure things out for ourselves. We're all used to hard work and low pay. :cry:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

JC here, with your friendly, son-of-a-diety advice. Here's my 10-step suggestion:

1. Double-check that you're using a bag of salt and not a bag of spices.
2. Exit the sewer.
3. Save the game - note which slot (quicksaving is easiest, since it's slot 1)
4. Exit the game
5. Navigate to your savegame folder (you can find its location from the main menu of the game when you click on the "Copyright Basilisk Games" text).
6. Delete the three "port_kuudad_sewer" files.
7. Restart the game
8. Load your savegame.
9. Enter the sewer and retry the puzzle.
10. If it still fails, upload save for BW to check.

By the way, the text below this post is a signature. I don't type it after every post... it's just there.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Also, do not post the same problem in more than one place! It's not polite. If you don't get an answer immediately, wait a day..yes, I know its hard to wait a real day when your young..and then ask nicely one more time in the same area you first posted and do try the different things people suggest. We do try to help and give good advice.
-elder lecture over- :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Ah hah! I thought I remembered you from somewhere! Be sure to let us know what you were doing wrong with the puzzle when you figure it out. :D
yeah....I thought that guy sounded familiar. Didn't he play for the Texas Rangers in 1986? Wait a minit....that was Pete Incaviglia, and this idiot is using pincaviglia86!! What a bozo.
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Dragonlady wrote:Also, do not post the same problem in more than one place! It's not polite. If you don't get an answer immediately, wait a day..yes, I know its hard to wait a real day when your young..and then ask nicely one more time in the same area you first posted and do try the different things people suggest. We do try to help and give good advice.
Aye, Captain.....I'm givin' it all she's got. I can't get more than warp 3.
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

CrazyBernie wrote:JC here, with your friendly, son-of-a-diety advice. Here's my 10-step suggestion:

1. Double-check that you're using a bag of salt and not a bag of spices.
2. Exit the sewer.
3. Save the game - note which slot (quicksaving is easiest, since it's slot 1)
4. Exit the game
5. Navigate to your savegame folder (you can find its location from the main menu of the game when you click on the "Copyright Basilisk Games" text).
6. Delete the three "port_kuudad_sewer" files.
7. Restart the game
8. Load your savegame.
9. Enter the sewer and retry the puzzle.
10. If it still fails, upload save for BW to check.

By the way, the text below this post is a signature. I don't type it after every post... it's just there.
TooDee or not TwoDee?.....that is the question. Alas, poor yorick.....I knew him well. I though that looked like a signature. What could I have been thinking? " It ain't exactly real....or it's real, and it ain't exactly there"-Leonard Cohen-(from "Democracy" on the album "The Future") Just pulling your chain there, TwoDee. I really don't care about you ragging me. In fact, I thought your "Baby" WAAAA speech was pretty cool. I remember when I was a baby, and my Mom put my picture on the side of a billboard that read:
Don't let this happen to you !!" Anyway, Leonard Cohen once said in his song "chelsea Hotel No. 2".....We are ugly...but we have the music. What the heck was I talking about? Oh yes....Go ahead and rag me if you want to, I really don't mind....but I do know a secret, and it concerns a member of this forum. I know this member personally. In fact, he lives about 30 miles from me. I told him about all the funny stuff you wrote, and he laughed. He said that he was going to look at some of your posts. Well, gotta run. Have fun with the game. :wink:
Last edited by pincaviglia86 on June 27th, 2010, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Dragonlady wrote:Also, do not post the same problem in more than one place! It's not polite. If you don't get an answer immediately, wait a day..yes, I know its hard to wait a real day when your young..and then ask nicely one more time in the same area you first posted and do try the different things people suggest. We do try to help and give good advice.
I love chocolate. Knumythia......I think I know where that place is. Isn't it off I-95 just south of Claxton, Georgia? Seems like a really nice place.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

pincaviglia86 wrote:
I love chocolate. Knumythia......I think I know where that place is. Isn't it off I-95 just south of Claxton, Georgia? Seems like a really nice place.
Ha! No, must be a copycat. Knumythia is in California near where the American and Sacramento Rivers meet..or 3 stars to the right and 4 jumps to the north as you travel via the Amber route.

It all harks back to my early RPG playing days in the 80's. I can give a short synopsis if you want. A seed from "The One Tree" is part of it. :D
pincaviglia86
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by pincaviglia86 »

Dragonlady wrote:
pincaviglia86 wrote:
Ha! No, must be a copycat. Knumythia is in California near where the American and Sacramento Rivers meet..or 3 stars to the right and 4 jumps to the north as you travel via the Amber route.

It all harks back to my early RPG playing days in the 80's. I can give a short synopsis if you want. A seed from "The One Tree" is part of it. :D
It sounds like a pretty nice town. My sister lives in the San Francisco Bay area, but I have not yet been to visit her. I was just funning with you, about Claxton, Georgia and all. However, Georgia is a nice place too. :wink:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

pincaviglia86 wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:

It sounds like a pretty nice town. My sister lives in the San Francisco Bay area, but I have not yet been to visit her. I was just funning with you, about Claxton, Georgia and all. However, Georgia is a nice place too. :wink:
Oh dear, in the real world we live in, there is no such place as Knumythia. Once upon a time I pretended in another forum that it was in the place of Sacramento California. But it isn't real. It's what I call my 'world' in the AD&D game I have run since the late 1980's. I was trying to be funny when naming the world. A place of new myths..ie. Knu-myth-ee-ah. :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Dragonlady wrote:
pincaviglia86 wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:

Oh dear, in the real world we live in, there is no such place as Knumythia. Once upon a time I pretended in another forum that it was in the place of Sacramento California. But it isn't real. It's what I call my 'world' in the AD&D game I have run since the late 1980's. I was trying to be funny when naming the world. A place of new myths..ie. Knu-myth-ee-ah. :mrgreen:
Don't worry. Georgia isn't real, either. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
frogbeard
Initiate

Post by frogbeard »

This thread hurts my brain. :roll:
"Coin collecting's a lot like life; it stopped being fun a long time ago" - Homer