Mac App Store

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mac App Store

Post by Painted Lady »

I'm not sure this post belongs in this forum, but here it is because I didn't know where else to put it.

BW, have you looked into making Eschalon available through the new App Store on the Mac? I have no idea how difficult it would be to go through the vetting process. However, it might be worth the effort.

The store is new, so there aren't a huge number of games on it right now. You could gain enormous exposure very quickly if you could get in that group 8)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Mac App Store

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We're working on it, Painted Lady! :) Thanks for thinking of us!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

And if it would help you to have some of us who are Mac heads tell Apple how fabulous these games are for Mac users, we will. ;)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Also, if you need someone to take a spin through Book I to see if the "white tile" problem is gone, I would be happy to help out.

The only clue I have to that problem is that it seems to be in some sort of universal setting. I developed "snow patches" about the time I got to Blackwater. Out of curiosity, I reloaded an old game from my first Level Up, and the tiles were messed up there too.
snoop
Pledge

Post by snoop »

Painted Lady wrote:Also, if you need someone to take a spin through Book I to see if the "white tile" problem is gone, I would be happy to help out.

The only clue I have to that problem is that it seems to be in some sort of universal setting. I developed "snow patches" about the time I got to Blackwater. Out of curiosity, I reloaded an old game from my first Level Up, and the tiles were messed up there too.
Well I just began Book I and I get the white tiles about 1/2 of the time I start the game up. Generally they go away if I exit and restart the game once or twice. Annoying, but not a killer.

I'm on a new-ish Macbook, 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, and OSX 10.6.6.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

snoop wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:Also, if you need someone to take a spin through Book I to see if the "white tile" problem is gone, I would be happy to help out.

Well I just began Book I and I get the white tiles about 1/2 of the time I start the game up. Generally they go away if I exit and restart the game once or twice. Annoying, but not a killer.

I'm on a new-ish Macbook, 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, and OSX 10.6.6.
Try running repair permissions and see if that fixes the white patches. Also, are you sure you have the most recent version of Book I -- 1.06, I believe.
---

Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Try running repair permissions and see if that fixes the white patches. Also, are you sure you have the most recent version of Book I -- 1.06, I believe.
I'm not sure quite what you would want me to try with repair permissions????

And, yes I am on Book 1 - level 1.06. If my memory serves me correctly, Book 1 was just fine at 1.05. It was after the upgrade to 1.06 that the tile problem surfaced.
snoop
Pledge

Post by snoop »

Painted Lady wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Try running repair permissions and see if that fixes the white patches. Also, are you sure you have the most recent version of Book I -- 1.06, I believe.
I'm not sure quite what you would want me to try with repair permissions????

And, yes I am on Book 1 - level 1.06. If my memory serves me correctly, Book 1 was just fine at 1.05. It was after the upgrade to 1.06 that the tile problem surfaced.
Yup, definitely 1.06. Bought it like a week ago.

I'll try the repair permissions, but I have my doubts because I just had a disk problem and had the Apple shop fix it a couple months ago, and I think the permissions got fixed at that time.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Permissions can get screwed up on files regularly. It's just a good habit to get into repairing them. Any time you see something that works fine for a while but then acts strangely after prolonged use, it's a decent possibility that some permissions on some of the files have gotten jumbled. It may or may not do anything to fix the problem, but it's one more thing to try and a good maintenance habit for MacOS X in general.
---