Planescape Torment For Macintosh.

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
rocketman28
Senior Steward

Planescape Torment For Macintosh.

Post by rocketman28 »

After about a month or so I have finally finished this excellent game and I have to say I would it very enjoyable ( except for a few tricky parts that I kinda had to cheat and look online ). The ending was one of the best video game endings I have seen in my gaming career and very interesting. Though the reason I am writing to you is not really to review the game but let the Macintosh users like my self experience it first hand. Now there is no Macintosh native version so I had to get a port from this website:

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic. ... planescape

Now you will not be able to look at this page because of their silly rules. Though to circumnavigate this simply create an account and post on three topics on there forums. Does not really have to be anything simply, " Thank you for posting this". Now you can open the webpage and download the application.

I did have a few times were the game crashed and I had to "Command Q" So just save often. Though when this happens the game will not be able to launch the game when you try to open it again so just open " Terminal" and type "killall wine" ( with out quotation marks ) and that should fix your problem.

Hope that this helps and if you have any questions fell free to ask.

Rocketman28
Last edited by rocketman28 on September 20th, 2011, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: Planescape Torment For Macintosh.

Post by Evnissyen »

Cool, thanks, man: I'll look into it.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
rocketman28
Senior Steward

Re: Planescape Torment For Macintosh.

Post by rocketman28 »

Yeah no problem let me know if it works out for you.