Diablo 3 review

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Re: Diablo 3 review

Post by ttomm46 »

The online only thing may be a deal breaker for me..I purchased /fallout New Vegas and found out you play through steam..Oh well..That is probably the latest trend in gaming :cry:
ttomm46
Senior Steward

Post by ttomm46 »

The online only thing may be a deal breaker for me..I purchased /fallout New Vegas and found out you play through steam..Oh well..That is probably the latest trend in gaming :cry:
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

At least with steam you can play games in offline mode, i think you just cant access some of the dlc.

with this you wont be able to play at all if battle.net goes down, i believe.

Even with ea you just lose access to your dlc.

(which still sucks but yes its pretty much the trend now with big companies)

Then again if people didnt steal, we wouldnt have this problem would we.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

blatherbeard wrote:At least with steam you can play games in offline mode,
Yeah, while I'm not a fan of Steam, at least you can play without being connected. With always connected DRM if you lose your connection for even a few seconds you get kicked out of the game, even in single player. That's a deal breaker for me. :(
Will Pay For Cloth Map
Enterian
Apprentice

Post by Enterian »

well a friend of mine played the beta version and recommends the game, so I ordered the collectors edition (as planned :p)
I've been a fan of these kind of games and hope the 3rd Diablo game will as good as the other two :)
Important things I think that as a hack 'n slash game like this should have is mostly a good atmosphere (good for creative inspiration), and the gameplay to be as good as DI and DII.
I do fear though that things like the new potion system takes some control away. I'd like to use the items in my inventory whenever I like.