Baldur's Gate returns?

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
norolim
Initiate

Baldur's Gate returns?

Post by norolim »

Is it possible? Well, just have a look what recently appeared on the net: CLICK. According to GameBanshee, this site belongs to Beamdog, a company owned by a former BioWare designer Trent Oster. When I found out I immediatelly rushed to the Beamdog forums, just to find this post by a user Trent0 signed "-Trent". Finally, I just found THIS posted on youtube by a new user called Beamdogger an hour ago...

I don't even want to think, what this could mean. It's probably just about a port to iOs or another platform, but what if... Do you think there is a chance for a new game in the Baldur's Gate franchise or at least a spiritual successor? Would you like to see one?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Baldur's Gate returns?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Innnnnnnnnteresting.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

When I saw this it was pretty much insta-boner. :shock:

Whatever this is, whether it's a HD remake, or whatever, I just hope they do it justice.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

no freaking way! this might be the most captivating source of info ive seen in a while.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
norolim
Initiate

Post by norolim »

Just to take a bit away from the excitement, here is a bunch of updates.
I was assured by Trent himself that the youtube video was not posted by him or anyone associated with Beamdog. He also decided to to tone things down a bit in one of his latest tweets. I am more and more convinced that this new Baldur's Gate thing will just be a port to some iCrap. Especially after seeing this tweet. But I really hope I'm wrong...
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

My guess--ported to Iphone and ipad.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
norolim
Initiate

Post by norolim »

There will be now announcements concerning the mystery Baldur's Gate project before March 9, 2012 says Tren Oster
norolim
Initiate

Post by norolim »

Sorry for the double post, but I just needed to bump this for this very reason:

http://www.baldursgate.com counting down
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The countdown concluded and ... seems like the site froze. Too many people wanting to see what it's all about I think.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/language/en/

slow as dirt, but it should get you past the logo page. having problems loading too, but that's probably due, as suspected above, to heavy traffic.

edit to add a few other links:

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03 ... ed-edition

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/01 ... -launches/

edit - more info:

Seems they are revamping the Infinity Engine, and releasing enhanced/revamped versions of BG1 & 2. Dunno if that's good or bad :D
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

News of this update infuriates me. I spent 5 years playing this series. Instead of adding new edition's of d and d (like 4th which might work as iwd2 did) they are releasing it for ipad and adding 1 new quest and 1 new npc

Enter peter griffin voice-"Done...."

Ill admit baldurs gate 1 and 2, were very great games, to this day they are extremely nostalgic for me. But you can only play a similar game so many times. I wish them all the best, but i can only hope the new features are more than just 1 new npc and quest. And if that is the case, hopefully pc users can take advantage of it.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum