Stupid mistakes!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Talyda
Pledge

Stupid mistakes!

Post by Talyda »

Hiya! I've done 2 stupid things so far (as far as I can tell anyway!) I've only been playing the game a few hours, am in Bordertown for the first time.

Somehow I've managed to aggro the alchemist, so can't get him to teach me - is there any way to lose aggro with him? I've tried going away, waiting some days, but doesnt seem to have helped =)

Also, sold the "Secrets of Transference Circuits" book I think - just realised I needed it for a quest, and can't rmeember where I sold it (possibly the innkeep in the first town?) Any way I can get that back?

Thanks in advance for any help! I really don't want to start the game over again (already have several times ;))
Talyda
Pledge

Re: Stupid mistakes!

Post by Talyda »

Cheers Jedi! When I get home tonight I'll run around like a mad thing and see if I can find the book =) Not a magic user, so I guess I'll just have to kill him after all.

Or maybe start over - as my husband said to me - I do that with every RPG I ever play anyway =P
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

There is another options for both problems. Both are kind of considered cheating though. If you go into the folder your game is located in on your computer, you can delete specific regions. So, you could delete the bordertown region, along with the crypt. Both would provide you with exp that you shouldn't really have though, because you'll have killed the monsters in those regions twice.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

And should you choose to follow Vroqen's advice, be sure that before you save and quit, your character is not IN one of those places that you are going to delete. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Talyda
Pledge

Post by Talyda »

Vroqren wrote:There is another options for both problems. Both are kind of considered cheating though. If you go into the folder your game is located in on your computer, you can delete specific regions. So, you could delete the bordertown region, along with the crypt. Both would provide you with exp that you shouldn't really have though, because you'll have killed the monsters in those regions twice.
Oooh - almost tempting! But I think... actually I'm entirely too tired to think - I'll probably start over, I'm not really that far into the game =)
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:And should you choose to follow Vroqen's advice, be sure that before you save and quit, your character is not IN one of those places that you are going to delete. ;-)
Ha! Thanks for that, I can almost guarantee I wouldn't have thought of that LOL!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

The one time that I deleted a map, I was told that as well, and I never really thought about it afterwards. What exactly happens if you are in a region that you delete...?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests