Walkthrough Links

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Walkthrough Links

Post by Vroqren »

Hello once again! I had an idea, a long time ago, but never implemented it. I want to add links within my walkthroughs to another spot in the walkthough (Links from the list of parts in the walkthrough to the actual part).
Unfortunately, I don't actually know how to do this, but I do know that it's possible. A prime example was recently brought up:

What is different about this link: to IJBall's Timeline
and this link:
to BW's follow-up reply?

You can quote this post to see that the text within each of them is different. How do I get that alternate URL that leads directly to a certain point?

EDIT: After a little testing I have discovered that when I edit or submit a new message I can get a direct link to that post in the topic, and that clicking on the title of the topic at the top returns me to the original url. Does this mean that it isn't possible to get a link to the middle of a post?
Ex) This post
Compared to:
This topic

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Walkthrough Links

Post by SpottedShroom »

The second link has an HTML anchor at the end - #p19611. It's a link not only to a specific page, but to a specific location on that page. The links that phpbb makes for each post title include the anchor, so it should be pretty easy to link to any specific post. If you want to link to text within an individual post, that's probably not possible.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Walkthrough Links

Post by Vroqren »

Alright. It's a pity, but thank's for your input anyway.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests