If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
wineguy
Initiate

Post by wineguy »

It was easier than I thought. The real secret for me was to use Invis to get back to the other chamber so I could control the number of guards I killed at a time.

RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

I did it also. Can send my screenshot by mail to anyone with a hostsite because I have no way to upload it.

Did this with a lvl 17 Ranger the incinerator fuel and 5 level 3 demon oil... nice to let them behind a ring of fire and shot them... had to finish 3 or 4 with my sword as I ran out of arrows... (with 6 assassin arrows not identified that I could not use !!)

I much prefer the destroyer end (which is I think even better when reached via dealing with Gramuk) (BW, is that the end you had planned as the most probable ? IMO It looks like it ) than the kind of abrupt good end ;-)

Waiting for Book II now.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Try ImageShack or HostFile.org for hosting pictures (or other files), RezoApio
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
micks
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by micks »

Great game! Can't wait for Book II.
DrNick
Pledge

Post by DrNick »

First post here, the game said to let you folks know and this seemed a good a way as any.

It was kind of cheap how I did it, basically all I did was use an invisibility potion to sneak down to the end of the little gated off corridor in the lower left corner of the map, from there I inched my way back up to where they would notice me, lured one or two of them down there poking at them with arrows as they approached, and then finished them off with a sword. After that because I was down away from the rest of them where they didn't see me I could camp to heal myself up without using up potions unless they got in several lucky hits and was forced to.

Then I would go back to lure one or two more down.

It took a little while to do this as you might imagine and like I said, it was kind of cheap and I wouldn't really count this as having defeated them outright like others seem to have done. Still, that's pretty much the tactic I used through the entire game, get one or two away from the group, take them out, camp to heal, repeat. This was letting me chug through areas I think were meant for a higher level than I was usually at.

...I spent a lot of gold on arrows... :roll:
Nepharis
Initiate

Post by Nepharis »

Woo, level 14, bizzatches, running in E:B1's linuxy goodness. It wasn't actually that hard after I started using my haste potions (but only had one each of I,II, and III). Also used a couple demon oils, 5x each of healing III and mana III, some other random potions I had laying around (like that nimbleness there) and lots and lots of buffs.

Man, that was fun! =D

~nepharis
Nepharis
Initiate

Post by Nepharis »

Okay, I out-did myself on this one. Level 13, *no magick*. The hardest part was finding enough willow sap to make healing potions early on. -_-

Pumped END early then focused on STR; threw almost all my skill points into heavy armor and swords (had some survival, but didn't seem that useful).

Didn't use any healing for against the guards.. they had 3% against me. Just tossed around some Demon Oil to speed things up a bit.

Wheee!
~nepharis

GryphonMD
Initiate

Post by GryphonMD »

Hm. I managed to get the Destroyer ending, but my screenshot didn't save (running the Mac version). Now I have the fun of doing it again... I prefer the brute-force method, hacking everyone with swords (though I did use the incinerator fuel to soften them up a bit). Backed into the area by the planters at the upper left of the chamber so only three could come at me at a time, used one protection spell and a bunch of heal II's and III's, and whacked them all :).

Fun game... now I'm depressed because I have to wait for Book II.

[GryphonMD]
iKlim
Pledge

Post by iKlim »

First of all I killed the Chancellor, then there were many guardians. I drank potions of Invisibility III and went back to the portal.
THEN I have inserted the Crux of Ages and killed all guardians, my ranger worked wonders with his supershots...
Hey, look, Chancellor alive again! :mrgreen:

Ulf Nordson
Initiate

Post by Ulf Nordson »

It was so easy, I'm a little bit disappointed right now...
The second half of the game seemed to me very quick and not challengeable...
Give us some pretty hardcore old-school roleplaying next time.
We believe you can :wink:

Bartek
Initiate

Post by Bartek »

While I generally don't like the idea of multiple endings, the Destroyer option was cool. With all the spell boosts Spire Guards were not a big challenge 8)

JyriErik
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JyriErik »

[quote="iKlim"]First of all I killed the Chancellor, then there were many guardians. I drank potions of Invisibility III and went back to the portal.
THEN I have inserted the Crux of Ages and killed all guardians, my ranger worked wonders with his supershots...
Hey, look, Chancellor alive again! :mrgreen:

There's also another part to that bug. If you talk to the Chancellor he'll thank you and you'll go to the "proper" ending. If you kill him again, you'll get the guards resurrecting also (but if you kill the last in the original spawning of guards, then you'll get the destroyer ending without having to kill the new set).

Jyri
viandor
Pledge

Post by viandor »

I did it! Easy, in fact...

Baymoon City
Pledge

Fun With Custom Pictures

Post by Baymoon City »

I, too, used Massive Buffing Abuse to walk all over the Spire Guards. ... Actually, yes, that was pretty much it.

For laughs, check out the "mypic.png" I used for the portrait.

Heh.
Just wished Book I let you change the protagonist's gender--the story would only have needed a few pronoun changes, honestly.

Personally, I got around that with a custom portrait. Hilarity ensued.