Geek Stuff?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Geek Stuff?

Post by Vroqren »

I recently bought something that I have now been wanting for a while now. Aperture Science cuff-links. They were (and still are) awesome. However, now I have no goals.

I have found that, being an American, if I am not specifically saving up for something, I tend to spend my money on junk food instead.
I've been looking for some new item to save up for, that has practical use, and nerdy/geeky humor. Does anybody have any ideas for me?

EDIT: I've already got some money set aside for a Leap Motion once that launches.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Geek Stuff?

Post by Dragonlady »

That's a cool device. Sure would help with Carpal Tunnel!
Liked the price but couldn't figure out where to find out if it's for Mac or PC or both. It did say app so I think it might be Mac. Is it?
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

I found this on their order page.

Minimum system requirements: Windows 7 or 8 or Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, AMD Phenom II or Intel i3 / i5 / i7 Processor, 2GB RAM, USB 2.0 port, Internet connection, Leap Motion ID and free download from leapmotion.com/setup.

Hope this helps.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I can't wait for this new toy to hit the app store. Sounds terrific, and I hope it works as well as advertised. Great idea :!:
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

It does. They released a Beta to a very small amount of people (Not free, it had the fee), and my brothers friend was lucky enough to get one. He actually had to leave town for a couple of days, so he lent it to my brother for that time. I got to play around on Google maps with it for a while, and they are truly excellent.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

I'm currently trying to save up for some dental work for my wife, then I need to rebuild both of our computers (we're both heavy pc gamers), and then I will buy me a new laptop. After that I haven't organized anything yet because this will probably take me 2 to 3 years to complete.