Help a Newbie, please.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Cyanniqa
Pledge

Help a Newbie, please.

Post by Cyanniqa »

I did more reading and looking around and found my answers.

:)
Cyanniqa
Pledge

Re: Help a Newbie, please.

Post by Cyanniqa »

Besides the Beginner's House where I can store some of my junk, is there another house available later in the game.

I met a character and we talked about the Citisen's Writ in that big town called Karduua or something, and there seemed to be a hint that you can buy a house in that big town.

Anyone know or would that be a big spoiler?

I love the idea of owning your own house in games like these - that to me is a huge perk and good time sinker.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'm afraid you can't own your own house, no. There are several empty houses in Port Kuudad that have for-sale notices posted on them, but you can't actually buy them.

You can stash your extra stuff lots of places, though, without needing a house. I tend to use barrels near quick-travel locations - the smith in Eastwillow is particularly good for this. Be careful storing things in other types of containers, though - NPCs who see you taking things out will think you're stealing.
Cyanniqa
Pledge

Post by Cyanniqa »

Thank you, excellent! I am a bit of a hoarder in games such as these so space is very important.

I was hoping one could pick up a barrel and then put it down in your house, or a place of your choosing. That could be very convenient too! Hopefully if it's not that much of a coding thing, Book 3 could have this extra.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Cyanniqa wrote:Thank you, excellent! I am a bit of a hoarder in games such as these so space is very important.

I was hoping one could pick up a barrel and then put it down in your house, or a place of your choosing. That could be very convenient too! Hopefully if it's not that much of a coding thing, Book 3 could have this extra.
What you can do, when you learn the Foraging skill, is camp long enough to get a bag of reagents and then place stuff into the bag, which magically expands to hold up to 8 suits of full armor. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.