My Fav. Boss Fights

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
VDK
Fellowcraft Apprentice

My Fav. Boss Fights

Post by VDK »

Eschalon Book 2-General Ghorr. Epic fight to the finish and love the fact that it takes a little preparing to get up to. Also is cool that you are fighting a melee opponent that literally has everything against you. He is 8 or 9 feet tall, is wielding a weapon the size of a small child and his health pool dwarves that of yours. Yet you have to find a way to defeat him.

Fallout 1-The Master. Yeah, I didn't actually fight him head on. Instead I fought against his miscreants and blew the whole place up so I guess the epic part was that I had a choice regarding how I defeated him. My choice was sneakiness.

Baldurs Gate 2-Jon Irenicus. This guy and the voice actor voicing him is excellent. Ive never seen such a simplistically devious villain. He is not so much tough as I usually just melee him solo or whatever else and he falls. Of course, things can go wrong. He can cast an instant death spell and my character dies so it is risky to not watch what he is doing.

Knights of the Old Republic-Malak. This guy is evil but in a way that's kind of different. He's a good bad guy but once you get up to facing him, he's the least of your worries if you are some kind of jedi. If you are evil then facing him is easy as you can absorb the souls of the innocents making him lose that strategy.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: My Fav. Boss Fights

Post by SpottedShroom »

VDK wrote: Fallout 1-The Master. Yeah, I didn't actually fight him head on. Instead I fought against his miscreants and blew the whole place up so I guess the epic part was that I had a choice regarding how I defeated him. My choice was sneakiness.
That was such a great boss fight. I especially like how if you'd done your homework you could talk him out of fighting and into killing himself. Fallout really delivered on the multiple ways to achieve a given goal promise a lot of games make.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: My Fav. Boss Fights

Post by deathknight1728 »

My favorite was Sarevok in Baldurs Gate 1 and Enhanced Edition. It was just such a crapshoot depending on how you handle it. One of the biggest problems you face is that no single fighter can take on Sarevok Alone. The only way you might be able to do it is in Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition as a Barbarian in rage. Other than that, your going to need a party to melee him as he's just too much of a blender. One of the things I noted was that if my haste is dispelled on my party when going against him, the whole party will die in less than 2 rounds.

Thieves usually are his weakness as you can backstab him now and again and just run away to do it again. As long as you have 1 tank and 1 damage dealer, almost any party of 2 can face Sarevok with right tactics.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum