Book III's Reveal Map spell

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
IJBall
Major
Major

Book III's Reveal Map spell

Post by IJBall »

Just tried the Reveal Map spell for the first time in Book III - I just wanted to say that I very much like the new implementation of the Reveal Map spell. :D

Seems to solve all of the old issues (e.g. the low number of turns before the spell "expired", the issue with maps being "unwritten" after the Reveal Map spell expired, etc.) with the Book I&II iteration of the Reveal Map spell.

I approve! :mrgreen:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Book III's Reveal Map spell

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Yes, this is a MUCH better implementation of the spell. I agree. My mage found many interesting places using this. The only issue I have is that the way the higher level of Cartography draws certain types of terrain makes the map difficult to navigate in Mirkland. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
captainkronos
Initiate

Post by captainkronos »

I also like the new Reveal Map spell. If you can get it at Rockhammer do you need the Cartography skill? For example will all the levers, chests and enemies be revealed using just the spell?

I know you needed a high level in Cartography (15+?) in Book 2 to get enemies showing upon the map.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I found items with cartography that didn't show up with reveal map like powder kegs.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

captainkronos wrote:I also like the new Reveal Map spell. If you can get it at Rockhammer do you need the Cartography skill? For example will all the levers, chests and enemies be revealed using just the spell?

I know you needed a high level in Cartography (15+?) in Book 2 to get enemies showing upon the map.
Enemies definitely do not show up with Reveal Map spell (my guess is that Reveal Map is equivalent to Level 15 Cartography, and you need Level 16 to see enemies...).
Randomizer wrote:I found items with cartography that didn't show up with reveal map like powder kegs.
That is really odd - Powder Kegs clearly show up as red dots when I use Reveal Map... Could what you're describing be a 'bug'?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I might be wrong but there was one that survived in Deadman's Strand near CB that I don't remember seeing with Reveal Map.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I know not all of the loot able corpses show up with Reveal Map. I'm not sure about the powder kegs. I know the ones I put places certainly do show up and I think other ones do but I don't recall for sure.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

It looks like one of the skeleton corpses (the bigger one of the two) shows up with Reveal Map, but the smaller one does not.