Semi-official bug tracking thread (SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Semi-official bug tracking thread (SPOILERS)

Post by IJBall »

[CONFIRMED] Hitting some levers with weapons can cause script error
It, too, just saw this at the lever at the front of the Castle by the Sea (using a Spark spell to hit the lever): (as cited in the list above, see: here).
(Meanwhile, when I got adjacent to this lever, and tried to move it "with my hands", I got no "script error" message, but neither would the lever move at all...)

Do we know, yet, if this error is a "random" error for all levers?
Or is it an error that's specific to just a few levers? (And, if it's this, has anyone made a list of the few specific levers that sport "script errors" yet?... - Also, if it is the latter, this "bug" should probably be moved in SS's list from "Engine Bugs" to "Map Bugs". FWIW...)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote:
[CONFIRMED] Hitting some levers with weapons can cause script error
It, too, just saw this at the lever at the front of the Castle by the Sea (using a Spark spell to hit the lever): (as cited in the list above, see: here).
(Meanwhile, when I got adjacent to this lever, and tried to move it "with my hands", I got no "script error" message, but neither would the lever move at all...)

Do we know, yet, if this error is a "random" error for all levers?
Or is it an error that's specific to just a few levers? (And, if it's this, has anyone made a list of the few specific levers that sport "script errors" yet?... - Also, if it is the latter, this "bug" should probably be moved in SS's list from "Engine Bugs" to "Map Bugs". FWIW...)
I think this affects all levers that are no longer possible to operate by hand. Attacking them then causes a (harmless) script error.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The void full of slime bug blocking leaving a zone also can happen in Mirkland with dartflingers.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote: I think that the baby Grubbs are dropping loot bags with tumors, but because of the way that portion of the dungeon is set up, they're dropping behind walls where it's really hard to see them and so some players are missing them.
This isn't actually terribly important since it happens in the overworld, but there's one area where the Grubbs' drops can end up outside of a player-accessible area. Specifically in Master Warren's Crypt (in the Eastern Astral Range, 5148) - there's a little pocket of open ground at (8, 110) and (8, 111). I actually had both the bag and one of the Grublets spawn back there. It looks like there's a similar pocket at (12, 109) and (13, 110), though you'd have to succeed in opening the gate and draw the Grubbs out in order to have that one be a potential hole.

--

One other thing I'd been curious about, and might count as a map bug, is why Rockhammer is marked as invalid for the Portal spell. I don't see anything which could be abused there - I'd guess that that flag was probably just set by accident (or by default, maybe) and never got updated.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

xolotl wrote:One other thing I'd been curious about, and might count as a map bug, is why Rockhammer is marked as invalid for the Portal spell. I don't see anything which could be abused there - I'd guess that that flag was probably just set by accident (or by default, maybe) and never got updated.
This is an issue going back to Book II - too many maps marked with the "No Portal spell" setting (several that were clearly accidentally set that way).
I'd like a list of current maps with "No Portal spell" settings, actually.

But the same token, I'd like it if someone could check and tell us which maps don't allow "Camping spawns", too, so we can check those for "bugs" as well...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

xolotl wrote: This isn't actually terribly important since it happens in the overworld, but there's one area where the Grubbs' drops can end up outside of a player-accessible area. Specifically in Master Warren's Crypt (in the Eastern Astral Range, 5148) - there's a little pocket of open ground at (8, 110) and (8, 111). I actually had both the bag and one of the Grublets spawn back there. It looks like there's a similar pocket at (12, 109) and (13, 110), though you'd have to succeed in opening the gate and draw the Grubbs out in order to have that one be a potential hole.
Interesting. I wonder if we should list that as a map bug (those holes should be plugged) or an engine bug (things should never spawn inaccessible locations)?
One other thing I'd been curious about, and might count as a map bug, is why Rockhammer is marked as invalid for the Portal spell. I don't see anything which could be abused there - I'd guess that that flag was probably just set by accident (or by default, maybe) and never got updated.
The good news (?) is that Portal is much less useful than in Books I and II.
Ssschah
Council Member

Post by Ssschah »

Minor bug to report. When one attains wealthy lord (80,000 gold+) it doesn't register you've achieved the challenge until you leave the area you're in when you got it.

Edit: That's strange... I think it registers but it's not at 80,000 gold. I got it at 100,000.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:I'd like a list of current maps with "No Portal spell" settings, actually.
Sure, I can generate that easily enough. Edit: or not. Looks like the flags for the maps have changed a bit. Eventually I'll get that figured out.
But the same token, I'd like it if someone could check and tell us which maps don't allow "Camping spawns", too, so we can check those for "bugs" as well...
Sure, that too.
SpottedShroom wrote:Interesting. I wonder if we should list that as a map bug (those holes should be plugged) or an engine bug (things should never spawn inaccessible locations)?
I'd vote for map bug. Technically it should probably be an engine bug, but I'm guessing that the engine doesn't actually understand the concept of "inaccessible" at the moment, and getting it to do so at this point is unlikely to happen. Given how few enemies drop items at all in Book III, I'd say it makes the most sense to just fix the handful of instances where it could be problematic on the maps themselves.
The good news (?) is that Portal is much less useful than in Books I and II.
Heh. I still had a good time hopping about and avoiding the ol' boot-swapping. Less cabbages my char is forced to eat that way, too!
Last edited by xolotl on March 10th, 2014, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Speaking of eating cabbages - it probably makes at least thematic sense to disable Foraging while in various underground places. I always found it amusing when I was wall-crawling in a dwarven mine and happened to find a wild cabbage growing in there, somehow.

Though something would have to be done to make the Foraging skill useful underground as well; it would kind of suck to nerf the skill too much. Perhaps while underground you'd just deplete food less quickly, or something?
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

xolotl wrote:Speaking of eating cabbages - it probably makes at least thematic sense to disable Foraging while in various underground places. I always found it amusing when I was wall-crawling in a dwarven mine and happened to find a wild cabbage growing in there, somehow.

Though something would have to be done to make the Foraging skill useful underground as well; it would kind of suck to nerf the skill too much. Perhaps while underground you'd just deplete food less quickly, or something?
Yes, on or off would be too simplistic. Undergroung you might find mushrooms, spiderweb or ectoplasm for example.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

xolotl wrote:Speaking of eating cabbages - it probably makes at least thematic sense to disable Foraging while in various underground places. I always found it amusing when I was wall-crawling in a dwarven mine and happened to find a wild cabbage growing in there, somehow.

Per BW, foraging is enabled or disabled by floor tile type. Many dungeons don't allow it, but the mine is dirt floors and so does.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

SpottedShroom wrote:Per BW, foraging is enabled or disabled by floor tile type. Many dungeons don't allow it, but the mine is dirt floors and so does.
Oh! That's pretty cool. Thanks for the info.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Note: I am about ready to nominate this one for withdrawal from the list:

[UNCONFIRMED] Attack messages not appearing for some people
viewtopic.php?p=54807#p54807

I am seeing Attack messages now. Maybe I always was... I dunno.

But what I have to test, before I can withdraw this one, are the Spiders later on - those are the Mobs that I definitely recall not seeing any Attack messages for in my first playthrough. So stay tuned...
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Update on:
[UNCONFIRMED] In some situations Ulgolek can un-recover after you restore him
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8930
CONFIRMED - I just destroyed the boiler room thingie in The Witch's Lair and killed her, came up out of the Lair, Ulgolek was restored and thanked me (and gave me his branch); I then immediately reentered The Witch's Lair, and came back up out again (in just two turns), and Ulgolek was back to being leafless and "unrecovered"... :(

Also, I found a minor map error at the back-end of The Witch's Lair: there is a double-gate leading in to the Witch's chamber (the one with her teleport pad) - at (60,61) and (61,60) both in the "up" position when you arrive there - however, despite being "up", the portion of the gate at (61,60) was acting like a "blocked" grid (i.e. I couldn't move into or straight-through that grid) until I flipped the switch in the Witch's chamber to close and re-open the double-gate.

And,
[UNCONFIRMED] Dazzling Flame sometimes doesn't cause enemies to flee
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8929&start=75#p55480
More evidence of this: Lucky in Old Moonrise is reported to Fail his Save vs. a Level 6 Dazzling Flame spell, yet does not move an inch (someone else can try this if they don't believe me!). Note: I tried casting this spell before I talked and tried to gamble with Lucky.

And I just saw an iteration of this: I cast Level 6 Dazzling Flame on one of the Off-Duty Miners in Rockhammer, he failed and was reported to be "fleeing" and was with his back turned to me - despite all of this, he still "witnessed" a crime when I picked the lock on a Rockhammer door, even though he was fleeing in terror, facing away from me, and off-the-edge-of-the-visible-screen!!
Chaotic Newt Ral
Initiate

Post by Chaotic Newt Ral »

There is a bug related to NPC AI when you throw a Flask of Charm Cloud at them:
http://imgur.com/a/Oj74S#0
If you are invisible while doing this, it will happen only after the second Flask.
I guess it's somehow related to NPC friendly state = 2.