Can't load spells

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
bradleygardner
Pledge

Can't load spells

Post by bradleygardner »

Weird bug, after reaching character level 7, elemental level 14, I can't load spells anymore. I have been trying to load fire dart, and each time it says I have done so successfully in the text box, but it does not appear in the quickload slot, and cannot be cast.

Not sure what the problem is.

Brad
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Hmm...start by saving your game and rebooting this system.

Let me know if this fixes it.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Re: Can't load spells

Post by lilwoofer »

rebooting is a pain the butt. Seriously! I am NOT level seven, only level 1and just had this problem... AGAIN!!! I saved the game after finding some treasure and then left Aridell to go further in the game and was attacked by salamanders while camping. My spells would not load. This happens a LOT of times (in previous games too) and is VERY annoying. i truly doubt it is a Mac thing but a hiccough in the game. Besides the bad graphics that occur and have been addressed - yeah blame Mac on that one, i guess - and this very annoying little thing, truly Basilisk knows what RPGs are supposed to be about. But please fix this inability to cast spells thing. I am playing Eschalon 1 again for the 6th time awaiting Eschalon 3 but am getting annoyed... help me, please? <G>
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!