Some bugs?

Linux support forum for Eschalon: Book I
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Some bugs?

Post by farvardin »

We can use this thread to list all the bugs we've encountered.

(Spoiler below)
- In Blackwater there is a hidden wall in a house. If we open this wall and save this game, after reload the wall looks closed, but it's possible to pass it through. It's really a minor bug.

- I can't get the quick slots to work for my spells. I type for ex. 2 on my keypad while selecting a spell, and it says "adding spell to quickslot 1".
I've tried on the other 2 on my keyboard, it's the same. I can switch spells using the keypad, of course slot 1 has a spell, but not slot 2 and others.
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

- when meeting Gruzz, it's written "... standing in the center of the this chamber"

- again with Gruzz, if we click on the option "prepare to die!", the game crashes, with the message (in my terminal where I've started Eschalon) : appstub.linux signal handler 11
I didn't intend to select this option for real, I was just curious, but it's the first crash of the game I've encountered since I'm playing it.

- when we have many quests, the quest book doesn't allow to view more than two pages, then the last quests are written outside of the second page, making it impossible to read.
Vadi
Initiate

Post by Vadi »

I can't load my games now, for some reason. I don't believe I changed anything, but when I select to load any I have, the game crashes (with the segmentation fault).

Hmm.. :?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Vadi-

All your saved games? Occasionally, saved games can become corrupt and need to be deleted so they can be properly overwritten. Are you saying none of your saved games will load?
Vadi
Initiate

Post by Vadi »

Yes, but then again, I only have three of them saved and still early in the game.

Would you like to email them to you, if you want to take a look?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, please. Just .zip the entire saved game folder (all slots) up and send it to [info at basiliskgames dot com].
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

about the quick slot problem, other people may not have discovered it, because I'm using a French keyboard (the numbers on top of the keyboard, under the function keys, requires the use of shift to be accessible). Yet the problem is strange : on french kb, I can select the slots for readying the spells using those combined keys : shift+1 gives slot 1, shift+2 gives slot 2 etc. But I can't use the combination for memorising the spells. On the other hand, for everyone the keypad on the right of the keyboard can choose the spells, but not memorize them, either in azerty keyboard (french) or in qwerty. At least I can still choose the spells in qwerty mode and switch back to azerty later :)
Maybe it's a linux related issue, because the keys are not considered exactly the same :

(xev command gives this)

1 below functions keys :
state 0x11, keycode 10 (keysym 0x31, 1), same_screen YES,

1 on the keypad :
state 0x10, keycode 87 (keysym 0xffb1, KP_1), same_screen YES,
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

a little non-annoying bug again, in the underground repository, after leaving I've talked to the vault master, he asked me again if I had authorisation, when I show the key (I had no choice), he said it was ok, and the game said the porticuli was opened, but in fact it's like a switch, and the door closed instead .
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

farvardin wrote:about the quick slot problem, other people may not have discovered it, because I'm using a French keyboard (the numbers on top of the keyboard, under the function keys, requires the use of shift to be accessible). Yet the problem is strange : on french kb, I can select the slots for readying the spells using those combined keys : shift+1 gives slot 1, shift+2 gives slot 2 etc. But I can't use the combination for memorising the spells. On the other hand, for everyone the keypad on the right of the keyboard can choose the spells, but not memorize them, either in azerty keyboard (french) or in qwerty. At least I can still choose the spells in qwerty mode and switch back to azerty later :)
Maybe it's a linux related issue, because the keys are not considered exactly the same :

(xev command gives this)

1 below functions keys :
state 0x11, keycode 10 (keysym 0x31, 1), same_screen YES,

1 on the keypad :
state 0x10, keycode 87 (keysym 0xffb1, KP_1), same_screen YES,
I have also found this problem with my french keyboard. I suspect also that this is the different keyboard combination between Linux and Windows. I should try another keyboard layout to confirm.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Cantello
Initiate

Re: Some bugs?

Post by Cantello »

Though not on Linux but OSX, the quick slots do not work for my spells neither. I have a German keyboard (qwertz), but no special modifier key is necessary for the number keys to work.

I can choose quick slot 1 but not the rest.