Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is available for pre-ordering!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is available for pre-ordering!

Post by MyGameCompany »

Thanks, BW, for letting me post my news about my new game! Hopefully some of the RPG fans here also enjoy classic platformers! I've been working hard on this game for a long time, and am glad to finally be able to share it with you!

Secret agent Dirk Dashing is back for a brand new mission!

After a wicked computer virus destroys G.O.O.D's new computer network, agent Dirk Dashing must track down the cyber criminal responsible for the attack. His mission leads him to a massive global corporation, owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world. Help Dirk avoid security systems, evade guards, and solve all-new puzzles to stop a diabolical new plot by E.V.I.L mastermind, Dr. Ego!

Dirk Dashing 2 features:

* Improved graphics, with lighting effects and cel shading!
* A new inventory system, so you can pick up multiple weapons and gadgets, carry them with you, and use them whenever you want!
* A new health system, so Dirk can take multiple hits before he dies (no more instant death)!
* New moves, including the ability to climb ladders and hang from wires and pipes!
* An all-new soundtrack with spy music that perfectly fits the game!
* Play using keyboard, joystick, or game pad!
* Ability to save your game progress at any point!
* In-game instructions to get you started!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Free demos are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The demo contains Part 1 of the 5-part story. Feedback is welcome! I really want to make this game special for fans of classic platformers, so I welcome any suggestions for improvement. And certainly tell me what you like about the game, so I don't inadvertently change a game mechanic or feature that you like. You can reach me at info@mygamecompany.com

Dirk Dashing 2 can be pre-ordered for $19.99 USD. Pre-ordering customers will receive a download link to the "full" version beta, containing Parts 1 and 2 of the 5-part story. They'll also receive free updates as I finish each part of the game, with new levels, new features, bug fixes, and more. So it will be a lot like playing an episodic game - with each new update, more of the story will be revealed. And when the game is all done, I'll give pre-ordering customers a free copy of the planned $5 strategy guide, containing level maps, concept art, hints, tricks, and more!

Official game page: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... 2/main.htm
Windows download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm
Mac download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm
Linux download: http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/D ... wnload.htm
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is available for pre-orderin

Post by Vroqren »

This looks awesome! I have one question though - is the Mac version for Intel only, or could it run on a non Intel Mac?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Scratch that, it does - thanks for making this awesome game. I just beat the demo, and plan on buying the full version. I really liked it!

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Thanks!!

Yes, it will be a universal binary until it's finished. But it will probably be the last of my games to be a universal binary. I plan to update my copy of Xcode once the game is done, so that I can get my games into the Mac App Store and also get the tools to develop for iPhone/iPad. I understand that the new Xcode no longer supports the old PowerPC hardware.
Troy
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I just finished putting together the official pre-order trailer for the game. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqETL1zm2I
Troy
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Great Job! I'm considering pre-ordering this, but right now I'm broke, so can't do it yet. Also, is it just me or is the sound for picking up a data card from StarCraft?

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

I don't know. My musician did some of the new sound effects, including that one. He has a pretty good reputation, so I wouldn't expect him to plagiarize. But I never played StarCraft, so I have no point of comparison. If it is a blatant copy, please let me know!
Troy
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I wasn't accusing, merely thought it sounded similar. I haven't played Starcraft for a while, so I could very well be wrong.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Whew, ok! I certainly wouldn't want to infringe, so if it were copied, I would want to change it asap. Sounding similar shouldn't be a problem, though.
Troy
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I've just tested every single thing that it could have possibly have been from StarCraft, and did not hear it.

MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Thank you, Vroqren. Much appreciated!
Troy