Typos?

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
VPeric
Steward
Posts: 76
Joined: November 21st, 2007, 4:23 pm
Location: Serbia

Post by VPeric » November 23rd, 2007, 3:39 am

PhilosophiX wrote:It's a straight swap from 'of' to 'a' [and catching the you(r)]
Ah yes, your way does sound better. Well, I'm not a native speaker anyway (my usual excuse <grin>).

Claw
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: November 22nd, 2007, 2:03 pm

Post by Claw » November 23rd, 2007, 8:23 am

PhilosophiX wrote:Shouldn't a nefarious healer be something like Witchdoctor... that would keep the Warlock free for all the fireball hurling.
A witch doctor isn't nefarious but something like a shaman. Which by the way would be a more fitting title for a druidic magic user than Conjuror, while Conjuror might be more apt for an atheist magic user than Illusionist.
I was trying to suggest that Necromancer would be a more appropriate title for a nefarious healer than Warlock.

Azael
Initiate
Posts: 18
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 12:45 pm

Post by Azael » November 23rd, 2007, 9:40 am

The Berserker epilogue mentions viscous goblins...

User avatar
PhilosophiX
Marshall
Posts: 144
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 4:13 am

Post by PhilosophiX » November 23rd, 2007, 12:33 pm

Porter: Owl's Roost Tavern, you say to him;

"What do you got for sale?"

should be:

"What do you have for sale?"
or
"What have you got for sale?"
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.

User avatar
PhilosophiX
Marshall
Posts: 144
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 4:13 am

Post by PhilosophiX » November 23rd, 2007, 12:39 pm

VPeric wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:It's a straight swap from 'of' to 'a' [and catching the you(r)]
Ah yes, your way does sound better. Well, I'm not a native speaker anyway (my usual excuse <grin>).
Well you're doing better than most brits :)
Anyway, that was just one of the many that you did get.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.

Claw
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: November 22nd, 2007, 2:03 pm

Post by Claw » November 23rd, 2007, 6:21 pm

In the magick guild in Blackwater you're told that the guild isn't accepting new members "do to the ongoing conflict" - should be due, obviously.

User avatar
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member
Posts: 248
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Post by GSV3MiaC » November 23rd, 2007, 6:44 pm

1.01 .. lilith says 'Rather THEN defend this region' .. should be THAN.

syrio
Apprentice
Posts: 24
Joined: August 19th, 2006, 10:38 am

Post by syrio » November 24th, 2007, 4:28 am

When talking to Paul, the sick man, he says: "I was able to restick the wax seal on the fake letter so that it looked legitAmate."

Wharyoo
Initiate
Posts: 18
Joined: November 23rd, 2007, 8:09 am

Post by Wharyoo » November 24th, 2007, 5:24 pm

If anyone playing a Nefariuos character and deal successful "Malice damage" the combat log says: Nerfarious Savage Attack...

I saw it earlier, but forgot to report, sry :)

User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 2:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Post by Dragonlady » November 24th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Innkeeper in Blackwater says,

"Greetings to you, guest of Blackater. I am Eeru, owner of the Lonely Spirits tavern. Relax and have a drink! I a room available if you need a bed for the night."

Should it read 'I have a room....?

I checked the other pages and didn't see anyone else report this.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!

Noceur
Initiate
Posts: 14
Joined: November 23rd, 2007, 4:22 am
Location: Sweden

Post by Noceur » November 25th, 2007, 5:04 pm

Found a typo (patch 1.02), When trying to close a door and you're standing in the doorway:

"You are standing in there doorway and cannot close the door!"
should be:
"You are standing in the doorway and cannot close the door!"

User avatar
PhilosophiX
Marshall
Posts: 144
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 4:13 am

Post by PhilosophiX » November 27th, 2007, 3:23 am

William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

"Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute. Here, let me get you a bit of coin from the city's coffer. You deserve this."

might I suggest: 'coinage' which means coins collectively and would make more sense.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.

Noceur
Initiate
Posts: 14
Joined: November 23rd, 2007, 4:22 am
Location: Sweden

Post by Noceur » November 27th, 2007, 9:06 am

PhilosophiX wrote:William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

"Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute. Here, let me get you a bit of coin from the city's coffer. You deserve this."

might I suggest: 'coinage' which means coins collectively and would make more sense.
Actually, "coin" can be used to describe a number of coins. Ex. "He's got plenty of coin in the bank."

I'm more concerned about the first part of the sentence: "Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute."
Should be something like:
"Well, I'm not worried about it right this minute." or
"Well, I've got no worries about it right this minute."

miles foreman
Initiate
Posts: 7
Joined: December 2nd, 2007, 12:59 pm

Post by miles foreman » December 2nd, 2007, 1:13 pm

Here's one from the Goblin wizard in the citadel, he says "controll" instead of "control."

User avatar
PhilosophiX
Marshall
Posts: 144
Joined: September 16th, 2007, 4:13 am

Post by PhilosophiX » December 4th, 2007, 11:27 am

Noceur wrote:
PhilosophiX wrote:William the councilor in Blackwater... once you've completed the quest he gives you he says:

"Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute. Here, let me get you a bit of coin from the city's coffer. You deserve this."

might I suggest: 'coinage' which means coins collectively and would make more sense.
Actually, "coin" can be used to describe a number of coins. Ex. "He's got plenty of coin in the bank."

I'm more concerned about the first part of the sentence: "Well, I've got no worried about it right this minute."
Should be something like:
"Well, I'm not worried about it right this minute." or
"Well, I've got no worries about it right this minute."
Good man. That's probably just my own fingers slipping from s to d though, rather than an in game typo, but well spotted. That's what I get for not proofing my own posts. ;)

Never heard of coin as plural, but I see you are right.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests