The Quest by Redshift

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
DetlevH
Apprentice

The Quest by Redshift

Post by DetlevH »

Please check this out

:arrow: Check here

It's aviable for PDA and PC. I like it very much, it's a good engine with many mods (expansion packs)

Please tell me what you think. :)
Regards,

Detlev

My beloved brother, i will retaliate you!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Look somewhat interesting to me. I think I read the game is very short somewhere else.

How long is the game estimated to be? Granted its not real expensive though...
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

app. 30 hours for the basic game, 20-30 h for every expansion. You can use your char also in the expansions.
Regards,

Detlev

Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Anyone had the PC Demo crash on them - I've had 5 crashs so far :(
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I haven't so far, but I'm using a Mac with PC partion. And, I'm not very far into the game yet. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find hints and maps, etc. but had very little luck with the one link everyone seemed to say was good. Anyway, in several forum areas I came across there was mention of PC crashes but I'm sorry I don't recall the solutions. I think it was the Redshift forum site that had that subject. Check there.

I just wish those stupid Amazons would stop shooting me! I've run out of arrows and just found a town but not everyone will speak to me cause I look like a poor peasant! Don't have enough money to get good armour and no clothes to buy. :( Also, can't figure out that card game. Any hints as to what to do to win ? :D

edit: This afternoon I had a crash in the cave where you are to find the little girls silver mirror. Dang, hadn't saved in a while either cause I was just exploring the village getting info and prices and then decided to check out the stump I found at start of game. Oh well, back to the start again, this time better prepared. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Can you keep the crash codes for me - E.G

Code: Select all

AppName: thequest.exe	 AppVer: 1.0.0.1	 ModName: thequest.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1	 Offset: 0004ea21

AppName: thequest.exe    AppVer: 1.0.0.1         ModName: thequest.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1  Offset: 000d5cbb

The one at offset 000d5cbb is regular for me - the programmer for the game left last year and there looking for another person to take over - I assume the PC version is run on a custom emulator and is buggy hence the pc 's lower price (they won't tell you this though but I've had few words with them about it)

Ian
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Dragonlady wrote:Also, can't figure out that card game. Any hints as to what to do to win ? :D
The card game is a real cool idea and I understand they (redshift) are making a stand alone version but expanded.

The card game is basically a fighting game and has defence,attack,heal and 2 turn double damage cards and others I may not know - click a card and it tells you what it is and does - click again and it plays that card - the cards are make up by warrior,necromancer,mage etc etc so the deck you recieve may be Mage and all cards are mage based - watch the necromancer cards as they also damage you not just your oppanant.

keep playing the cards till you hopefully kill off your oppanant - the cards are random and can really suck at times - once had all healing cards and no attack "/
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

On my Pc (Win XP) i never had a crash. I checked the full and the demo versions.

It's a cool game and it's a pitty that you had crashes.

There is a forum on www.pdaground.com regarding this game.
Regards,

Detlev

Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

DetlevH wrote:On my Pc (Win XP) i never had a crash. I checked the full and the demo versions.

It's a cool game and it's a pitty that you had crashes.

There is a forum on www.pdaground.com regarding this game.
OH! the errors are there it's just the devs won't fix them - it's not just the pc that crashs but also the pda and other devices i've seen while reading that forum.

If you run towards a creature who has shot a missle at you the game will crash - well this has happened to me a few times so this is a bug and should be fixed :shock:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Iane wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:Also, can't figure out that card game. Any hints as to what to do to win ? :D
The card game is a real cool idea and I understand they (redshift) are making a stand alone version but expanded.

The card game is basically a fighting game and has defence,attack,heal and 2 turn double damage cards and others I may not know - click a card and it tells you what it is and does - click again and it plays that card - the cards are make up by warrior,necromancer,mage etc etc so the deck you recieve may be Mage and all cards are mage based - watch the necromancer cards as they also damage you not just your oppanant.

keep playing the cards till you hopefully kill off your oppanant - the cards are random and can really suck at times - once had all healing cards and no attack "/
Thanks. Been 'save' play cards, if win 'save', play cards, if lose, restart from last save. I think I'm getting a handle on the game. Sure gets me bummed when all thats dealt is heal, etc. cards. :)

Wish there were more save slots than the 4 on the screen.
Can you clear the cemetary without magic? All I have is a sword and bow. Not enough money to buy a magic missle book/spell from the pawnbroker. Sigh. Gaming I will go. :)
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

check the bins around town (bin must be on left of char to be able to check them) also do the tree hollow 1st as only bats and good loot
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Iane wrote:check the bins around town (bin must be on left of char to be able to check them) also do the tree hollow 1st as only bats and good loot
Thanks, yes there was some good loot in there. Now I'm trying to convince the stupid mayor the odor from the cemetary is clearing. Still haven't managed to kill that undead critter in the underground of the cemetary. I keep getting killed my self when he throws skulls at me! Grrr.

Oh well, back to the inn to try and get more money before I look for the kid, farmer (potion), etc. :D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I'm still playing the demo version and need some help. In the Robbers Cave there is plaque on wall that looks like a hidden place for loot. When you click on it, it says "Combined Lock". Nearby are 3 switches you can click on to make them go up or down. I've tried every combination I can and clicking on the plaqard on the wall each time. Nothing. How do you open that "Combined Lock"? It's driving me crazy! I've tried to find a 'walkthrough' for the game there isn't one..well, there is a very short one that kind of lists all the quests and where they orginate but that is all. No help other than to see there are tons of quests. :) Can anyone help on this? :cry:

edit: Never mind, slaps head 'DUH!' I already did that stuff, it was just a sign not a hidden panel. flip the switches and use a special key.

Pretty much finished off the demo, now have to decide if I want to buy the game and continue on. Have one quest to finish but can't do that till I get the full game. Sigh.
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

Have you checked the forum at www.pdaground.com?

I recommend to buy the game :) . It's cheap and you can have fun for a long time (check the expansion packs!).
Regards,

Detlev

Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

DetlevH wrote:Have you checked the forum at www.pdaground.com?

I recommend to buy the game :) . It's cheap and you can have fun for a long time (check the expansion packs!).
I plan on doing that sometime today. Have to figure out if the expansions will work on a PC and not just palm thingys. :)

I had found that site, thank you. It does answer a lot of my questions but it is hard to find them there is soooo much stuff there. :D