Golbin Hacker 1.5 released (Save Game Editor)

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
ioquatix
Initiate

Golbin Hacker 1.5 released (Save Game Editor)

Post by ioquatix »

Hi,

Goblin Hacker save game editor has been released today :wink:.

http://www.oriontransfer.co.nz/pages/show/23

Thanks to Hermann Gundel for his great work helping out with some of the new features.

Please email me any bugs you are having, I'll try to look into it.

Regards,
Samuel
CobraEye
Apprentice

Post by CobraEye »

This was fun. As I struggle to get my primary character past one raptor or taurex at a time, it was a blast to have a first-level character wearing Demi-God gear to destroy a raptor with one pulverizing swing of a sword. Revenge is sweet.

Nice interface. My main character is on a 10.4.11 iMac, so I tested the editor on my 10.5.2 MacBook Pro with a new character. As with any editor, it can take all the fun out of the game, but it was worth it for a while to be MegaSlayer and take out my revenge on all those darn raptors and taruexes.

Very nicely done!
xgamer3000
Pledge

Post by xgamer3000 »

Come to think of it...the link is not working at this time.

Could the poster of this thread fix or adjust this link properly? Thanks!

Tom Anderson
RPG Fan
It is one thing to be a slayer of dragons and all that is evil in the world.

It is another to be a true hero.

- Anonymous
ioquatix
Initiate

Post by ioquatix »

Sorry, it seems like my web server is having some issues - but its resolved now!

Thanks
ioquatix
Initiate

Post by ioquatix »

CobraEye wrote:This was fun. As I struggle to get my primary character past one raptor or taurex at a time, it was a blast to have a first-level character wearing Demi-God gear to destroy a raptor with one pulverizing swing of a sword. Revenge is sweet.

Nice interface. My main character is on a 10.4.11 iMac, so I tested the editor on my 10.5.2 MacBook Pro with a new character. As with any editor, it can take all the fun out of the game, but it was worth it for a while to be MegaSlayer and take out my revenge on all those darn raptors and taruexes.

Very nicely done!
I'm glad you could enjoy the app. It took a while to put it all together and I did spend some time on the user interface, so I'm happy to hear that it worked well for you.

Yes, I found the game difficulty frustrating at times too. I don't like to cheat often, but it was useful to boost some stats, and that made the game a lot more fun for me.. I'm not the kind of person who wants to spend several hours just leveling up - I really play for the story, more than anything else... so if I have to spend a couple of hours to get past one specific monster or battle, I get a bit sick of things (thats the original reason why I made this tool!)

Regards,
Samuel
xgamer3000
Pledge

Post by xgamer3000 »

Sorry to bother more, but is there a Windows version of your program??

Of the save game editor for Book I

Tom
It is one thing to be a slayer of dragons and all that is evil in the world.

It is another to be a true hero.

- Anonymous
CobraEye
Apprentice

Post by CobraEye »

The link indicates that the page for 1.5 has moved or changed.
unk
Initiate

Post by unk »

wait, how do you download it or use it?
idlewaster
Initiate

Post by idlewaster »

@xgamer3000
Currently there is no windows version of the program, as it is native Mac OS X. This may change in the future, but surely not too soon.
That means there is a vague possibility, I might do a port to Linux/Windows but my spare time is very limited and the technical obstacles of a port are not quite clear yet.

Hermann
farvardin
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by farvardin »

it's a pity it's only compatible with leopard (10.5), many people are still using tiger or lower.
KLONDIKE
Initiate

Re: Golbin Hacker 1.5 released (Save Game Editor)

Post by KLONDIKE »

hello

i sure wish it worked with windowxp too! i get slaughtered over & over by those raptors! LOL i could definitely use some help! please let me know if you get it to work with windows. thanks in advance
Nicholeas
Pledge

Re: Golbin Hacker 1.5 released (Save Game Editor)

Post by Nicholeas »

Hello All,

I sure could use this program for my Windows XP pro. Any-one know if you can run a "Mac OS X 10.5" on Windows XP pro?

Sign,

Nicoleas