The Quest by Redshift

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

Yes, of course, the expansions are platform independent.

I am playing this games since last year and have finished serveral expansions until now.

I am on level 34 now, but it takes app. 60 hours or so until you get this level.
Regards,

Detlev

My beloved brother, i will retaliate you!
Feidb
Apprentice

Post by Feidb »

I've been thinking of buying the whole game. $10 is not bad. However, I've started a bunch of quests and have only finished like one of them. I went to that link you guys posted and got a headache just looking at all the categories. I gave up before I ever found anything specific to The Quest. Has anyone else come across a hint guide or forum besides that?

I've also noticed that a lot of the quests steer you to the dark side unless you are really high level to stop them, like that wizard in the cave with the mirrors. I said no and he killed me in two hits. Never got a chance to even attack him. The same with this thiev's den quest.

I couldn't even finish the graveyard quest yet. Maybe some of the quest is in the part of the game you have to pay for. Really enjoyed it though.

Still, it's first person which I like, and turn based.

Feidb
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Dragonlady wrote:
DetlevH wrote:Have you checked the forum at www.pdaground.com?

I recommend to buy the game :) . It's cheap and you can have fun for a long time (check the expansion packs!).
I plan on doing that sometime today. Have to figure out if the expansions will work on a PC and not just palm thingys. :)

I had found that site, thank you. It does answer a lot of my questions but it is hard to find them there is soooo much stuff there. :D
all the expansions will work on all formats
Feidb wrote:I've been thinking of buying the whole game. $10 is not bad. However, I've started a bunch of quests and have only finished like one of them. I went to that link you guys posted and got a headache just looking at all the categories. I gave up before I ever found anything specific to The Quest. Has anyone else come across a hint guide or forum besides that?

I've also noticed that a lot of the quests steer you to the dark side unless you are really high level to stop them, like that wizard in the cave with the mirrors. I said no and he killed me in two hits. Never got a chance to even attack him. The same with this thiev's den quest.

I couldn't even finish the graveyard quest yet. Maybe some of the quest is in the part of the game you have to pay for. Really enjoyed it though.

Still, it's first person which I like, and turn based.

Feidb
If you want hints on the game then go here

http://thequesthints.heinternet.de/

:D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I've found a great deal of help in the link below. Including a map of the whole area with 'dungeon' entrances marked and the cities laid out with were various business's are like the armor, library, inns, etc.

Some of the quest seem to be bad at first, like the Cavern of blood and the Shaman who wants 3 skulls (after you look in the mirrors). If you do some quests and get 'crime' attached to your name, there are people who can erase your crimes from the books. Usually you have to do a favor for them and give them more than they ask for, if given the chance. Like the streetwalker in the village you first come upon. :)

Here is the best link I've found (the one mentioned in the other post doesn't help all that much except for the list of where skills are taught and what quests there are and where they start. anyway, the link I like is here:

Note: this was posted the 14th but it apparently got lost in the 'crashes'. :(
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

DetlevH...I really, really hate you! :evil:

Just kidding, since you first posted about this game, I investigated and bought it. I've spent WAAAAAAY too much time on it! Darn you anyway! :lol:

Right now I'm frustrated as all get out, cause I can't get the priest at the monestary to take the Demon Ring I got from the Nun so I can get a letter to take to...blah, blah and finish this quest. Do I have to wait several days like I have on a couple of other quests?

Also, about the abondoned mine, is that a quest? Where do you get it to start? I came across it as I was pssing time trying to get more experience. That is one tough place! I hate those blasted Shamans!

Oh, I'm 9th level with Persuade over 26 but under 30. If that matters for the priest question above. Sigh.

And yes, I did go to PDA Ground Forum for answers and couldn't find clue to my question. Waiting for comformation to join forums now.
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

Dragonlady, nice that you like the game :P

I am sorry but i played so many expansion packs i can't remember all quests (probably 200 quest i solved until now) 8)

There is another forum on www.catacomber.com.

Cat, the owner of catacomber.com, is really cute. She helps if you are stuck. But you should buy her expansions as the reward. They are great also and you can try the demo versions first.

I am now on lvl 34 after 5 expansion packs and i enjoy my personal values. You can get this too, so don't be frustrated, there are enough guys out there for help. :)
Regards,

Detlev

Feidb
Apprentice

Post by Feidb »

Thanks to everyone for the link to the hints for The Quest. However, I just noticed the one site in Germany is crashed. So, I can't find anything specific to The Quest anymore. Has anyone run across another working hint site? I've been playing the game quite a bit and still only have explored 90% of the first half of the map. Have only completed like 2 or 3 of the quests too. Still a long way to go.

Good game.

Feidb
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Feidb wrote:Thanks to everyone for the link to the hints for The Quest. However, I just noticed the one site in Germany is crashed. So, I can't find anything specific to The Quest anymore. Has anyone run across another working hint site? I've been playing the game quite a bit and still only have explored 90% of the first half of the map. Have only completed like 2 or 3 of the quests too. Still a long way to go.

Good game.

Feidb
Keep trying for the German site, it goes down every once in a while or has very slow responce times, at least for me. There isn't really all that much there as to help. They have a square box map of the 'world" with titles of each section you can travel in and a number for quests. You have to get the quest list which only gives you place to get the quest (not from whom) and where it is solved..ie. map square label. I found tremendous help on the link I posted above at pda... Somewhere in there was a link to a site with the whole map as seen in the game with trees, dungeons, town buildings (and stores) marked. I use it a lot to move around. I use the pda site for hints as to what to do next or answers in hint form for my questions. There is no walkthrough link. Though someone said they had made one. Check that site if your having problems. I do...a lot! :)

edit: about the game map..I put it on my main Mac computer and play the game on the PC side of my Mac laptop so I can check the big map with the one I'm playing on. :D Maybe later I can find the link again and post it here.
Feidb
Apprentice

Post by Feidb »

Dragonlady,

Thanks! I found that PDA site you are talking about, I think, but my McAffee program went crazy on it when I pulled it up. Said it was full of spyware or something, so I shut it down.

Appreciate the thought, though.

Feidb
DetlevH
Apprentice

Post by DetlevH »

Have you checked the forum at Cat's site?

www.catacomber.com

There is much to do because there are expansions without end. The game can be much fun for the next months.
Regards,

Detlev