Just beat the game - my ideas

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
AlexH
Initiate

Just beat the game - my ideas

Post by AlexH »

I just finished Book 1. It's a really good game. I played as a ranger and it wasn't too hard once you get to level 10 or so. Here are my suggestions for book 2.

1. More variety in music. Having more music for different cultures, towns, climates and more than one battle theme.

2. More variety in enemies. Only a few of the enemies in book 1 do magical damage, and none of the enemies were particularly challenging 1-on-1.

3. More variety in environments and climates (I know you're working on it).

4. More variety in items. Make the short blades/bludgeoning/swords/thrown/ranged actually mean something. Almost all of them can do similar amounts of damage once you get your skill high enough. If enemies were more vulnerable to certain types of damage it would add some difficulty.

5. Maybe some kind of zodiac system like the axiom system. Each sign could have different benefits to it. More choices in character development is a good thing.

6. Make alchemy more useful to players who don't take it to a high level. More recipes and ingredients would be nice.

7. Outdoor dungeons. What I mean is like an outdoor fortress or hostile city where you progress through the area just like an underground dungeon.

8. Improvements on some of the skills. I found that survival and meditation are mostly useless since you can camp whenever you want. Skullduggery is also somewhat useless (there aren't many traps to disarm). You can't justify the cost in skill points to use them. Mercantile and lore, although good skills, also have a high cost for what they give you. Maybe group shields into the heavy armor category or revise it. Maybe all characters could use shields but you can choose invest points towards it. They are useful, but could be better.

9. Cartography should be free. You can invest points in it if you want to, but all characters should start with it.

10. I would like to see some of the storylines continue. For example, nothing happens to Father Michael after you give the letter to the captain in Darkford. I was expecting that the captain would send you to confront Michael. Maybe finish the story in book 2.

11. Larger cities. I mean a city that fills the entire map (like Bastion Spire would I imagine).

12. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to book 2. :)