Registration Numbers

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
jonny cache
Pledge

Re: Registration Numbers

Post by jonny cache »

Yes that registration code UI is absolutely terrible, not having copy/paste is especially stupid considering the problems people have been having.

It took me about 3 minutes to tease the code into the entry field, having to re-enter the figures multiple times until it finally allowed me to enter all of them.

An ominous beginning to Book II.
Janusz11
Apprentice

Post by Janusz11 »

CrazyBernie wrote:Everyone just needs to stop, take a deep breath, examine their codes, and enter them one key at a time... maybe even taking a break between each letter/number. It's okay people, you'll get to bask in the glory that is Book II. Just have a little patience.
Pfew! Thanks mate, that really did the trick for me.
I have now managed to unlock the full game.
:mrgreen:

Seriously, I had some trouble putting in the code as well but all because I misread a O as a zero.
CrazyBernie wrote:There's no registration server (nor do I remember BW ever mentioning one).
And I don't think Basilisk would be lying to us here.
From the Book II page:
♦ DRM Free! We respect our customers.
txa1265
Apprentice

Post by txa1265 »

The problem I had was that the registration input displays everything as caps, but in fact they are lower case. In other words, I typed the EXACT SAME THING twice - once with and once without caps, and once it gave me an error and then it worked. Yet both times the display was IDENTICAL.

If something is case sensitive and doesn't display upper and lower case properly, that is a pretty lousy interface design.

FORTUNATELY ... once past that my experience has been nothing but AWESOME!
El'Lorien
Initiate

Post by El'Lorien »

I see I am not the only one with this problem. I purchased the DVD - downloaded the "demo version" meanwhile - and cannot register, dammit. I tried everything to no avail - caps on/off, shift, you name it. And yes, I know the friggin difference between 0 and O and yes, I tried both just in case.

Very, very bad experience. I am not sure I am looking forward to the game now. I have never had any problems with any registration keys in the past, and I usually buy quite a few games every month.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

El'Lorien wrote:I see I am not the only one with this problem. I purchased the DVD - downloaded the "demo version" meanwhile - and cannot register, dammit. I tried everything to no avail - caps on/off, shift, you name it. And yes, I know the friggin difference between 0 and O and yes, I tried both just in case.

Very, very bad experience. I am not sure I am looking forward to the game now. I have never had any problems with any registration keys in the past, and I usually buy quite a few games every month.
Here is a good tip:

After you enter the code, press [ENTER] instead of clicking the button. Seems to help a few people out.

We are looking into this!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Unbeliever »

For what it's worth, my code had an "I" and a "1" next to each other, and I had no difficulty entering it correctly the first try. (No SHIFT or CAPS lock, and clicked the button when done.)

On the other hand, the lack of a blinking cursor in the Code field *DID* lead me to click the "Enter code" button BEFORE typing anything, on the assumption that it would LEAD me to the enter-the-code screen... :)

Ah well. Still rolling my character... :)
Palog
Marshall

Post by Palog »

I must add that I got too a problem with the code, I supposed it's because the first time I tried paste and right after type the code. I supposed that paste (that many people will try if not all) triggered the problem.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Version 1.02 beta will be posted (hopefully) tonight. It has some new code to deal with registration numbers.

If you download the 1.02 beta, anyone who had trouble with their code could help me by doing this: locate and delete your eb2.cfg file. This will "unregister" you game. Then start the game and re-enter your reg code. Tell me if it is easier to do this time.
Zorlac
Apprentice

Post by Zorlac »

I had to type my registration code 3 times last night.

I tried I
then 1
then I again.

Third time was a charm.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

I've installed 1.02 beta but can't find a eb2.cfg file to delete. I didn't uninstall my previous game. Should I have? It's already registered.

Edit: I uninstalled my previous game and installed 1.02 beta fresh. The option to register is greyed out. I cannot find a way to register the game. Sorry.
Last edited by Buckets on May 14th, 2010, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

To find our where your games are saved to, go to the main menu in the game (where the skull is in the desert) and click on the text line at the bottom where it says Copyright 2010 Basilisk Games.

We recommend that you uninstall the old game first, but it shouldn't hurt the new game if you didn't.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Ah yes, found it. I didn't know that eb2.cfg would be in the saved game folder. Testing registration now...

Edit: I tried to paste, entering capitals, no capitals, etc. Couldn't get it to break. Registration went off without a hitch. Thanks so much for fixing this!
Faithful
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Faithful »

I am glad it is fixed.

It took me 5 tries before it was accepted when I registered the game. I did send an email as well.

Maybe a good solution is to stop using (for Registration only) a sans serif type face and use something like a Times Roman where 1, I and O, 0 look clearly different. Or, only use 1 and no letter I and only use 0 (zeros) and not O's.

I am happy it will work now, but it seems it could have been avoided in the first place, as code confusion is nothing new.
Slarty
Marshall

Post by Slarty »

This is yet another reason why using custom text entry boxes is not a good idea. Spiderweb Software has this problem too, although their icky UI issues are around saving games rather than entering registration codes. *shakes head*