Collaborative marketing

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Collaborative marketing

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Gvaz wrote:Have you thought of putting the game on Amazon?
If I had it my way, it'd be on the shelves of every Wal-Mart from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon.

The probolem is, I don't have any control over who decides to sell the game, whether that be Steam, Amazon, Gamestop or Wal-Mart. :?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Gvaz
Initiate

Post by Gvaz »

If you can get book 2 onto Steam (I tried emailing them, but no dice so far), would you consider a weekend deal of sorts?

I don't know who makes them, but I'm certain that if it got on steam and you made a sort of weekend deal of sorts, maybe like "Buy both games for X% off only this weekend!" and had one of their banner things for their front page, I'm certain that would help. So far it's just word of mouth, and I'm not sure how much that's helping but I'm trying :)

Sometimes when they have deals on games, steam comes up with these popup pages on new deal news, which could also help.

Of course, that only helps until you actually get on steam.

I was curious, how much of a % do you get from the price of the game on steam for the first book?
dak
Marshall

Post by dak »

Can we get any indication of how the book 2 sales are going, so we can prepare to pre-order book 3? :D
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

dak wrote:Can we get any indication of how the book 2 sales are going, so we can prepare to pre-order book 3? :D
Book 2 sales have been good- better than what Book 1 sales were at this time. Of course, this was expected because of all the awesome fans that have been waiting to buy it. There was a large volume of orders the first three days. The real indicator of how well Book 2 is selling will be two or three months from now- are sales going to continue steadily or drop off rapidly?

As we did after Book 1, we will not announce anything new until we know the previous project has paid for itself and we have additional funds to carry the company through the development of the next game.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
dsoden
Pledge

Post by dsoden »

Just a quick note about how some people shop. I'd never heard of these games until I saw book 2 listed on the weekend Impulse buys. I looked into it and have since purchased both games (got book 1 from Steam). Had it not been listed on sale at Impulse, I'd never have known.
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by cal1s »

dsoden wrote:Just a quick note about how some people shop. I'd never heard of these games until I saw book 2 listed on the weekend Impulse buys. I looked into it and have since purchased both games (got book 1 from Steam). Had it not been listed on sale at Impulse, I'd never have known.
Yeah, it's a real shame that those big gaming-news websites like gamespot etc dont give a damn about indie games. One news post or even an official review and everybody would know about the games.
RPGWatch and Gamebanshee do post about it though but theyre very small compared to the real big fishes in the scene ...
http://greywardens.com
Probably biggest Dragon Age fansite
-----------------------
Officially supported by BioWare/EA
Gvaz
Initiate

Post by Gvaz »

I didn't even know about Eschalon: Book I until I heard from someone online about Book II.
sirdilznik
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by sirdilznik »

I'll definitely spread the word any way I can, but not yet. I can't really recommend a game I haven't played yet. The Linux version drops tomorrow and I already purchased my DVD, so assuming I like the game, and I'm quite confident I will since I liked the first one enough that I've been feverishly anticipating Book II, then I'll spread the gospel soon, posting reviews and recommendations wherever I can.
Will Pay For Cloth Map
trinsic
Initiate

Post by trinsic »

I want to help market your game. I was going to buzz information about BOOK II but I dont see any posts in your buzz or twitter account that actually talks about the game. It would be nice if you posted in twitter or google buzz with more specifics about the game so people can link to the post and find out more with out having to visit the site. Kind of link a preview.
Zorlac
Apprentice

Post by Zorlac »

Hey BW & gang...

I just found the Book II demo on a Korean website.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=ko&tl=en

They also have a small review of the game.
googitty
Initiate

Post by googitty »

I told my techie brother-in-law about it, and he has since spread the word to all his engineer buddies. Hopefully that gins up some sales. :D
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Zorlac wrote:Hey BW & gang...

I just found the Book II demo on a Korean website.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=ko&tl=en

They also have a small review of the game.
I didn't read the whole thing but I was amused at how some of the translations came through. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Riggon
Apprentice

Post by Riggon »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Well we made it, and Book 2 ended up costing about twice as much as Book 1 did to develop. So now we need sales, and that means we need everyone who wants to see the series continue to spread the word. Click it, Digg it, Tweet it, post it...whatever you can do to share the love.
You've had and still have me on the propagation team. :) And I know I'm not alone when I say I'll do nearly anything to get my hands on Book III.
Nothing is something, because it is the state of the absence of everything, as well as being a word in the english language and an idea formulated by mankind to attempt to describe the conception of the lack of everything.
trinsic
Initiate

Post by trinsic »

Yeah im going to get the word out on this game, I really like it and want you guys to keep making them. you have an extremely loyal fan base for such a small game so I think you guys will do well in the coming months, especially went it comes out on steam.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

BW,

I have just sent an email (or a post on the forum) to 4 french game magazines.
So hopefully one of them will try to contact you soon ;-)

Cheers
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.