Help with four things [may contain spoilers]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
svensson
Initiate

Help with four things [may contain spoilers]

Post by svensson »

Hey everybody.

Ok I have four things that I'm puzzled about and/or having problems with. If you have the answer, feel free to post or PM me.

1. I've kept the Soulpiercer arrow in the hopes of finding someone, anyone, who knows more about it than the Eastwillow smith. So far, no joy. Beyond talking to the smith, I have no idea where to go insofar as the 'To Hunt An Assassin' quest is concerned.

2. I also kept the 'bloodied boots' found in the barrel behind the house of the schizophrenic woman in Eastwillow thinking that they're a clue to the aforementioned assassin.

3. What is up with the poem in her brother's home? I had bronze weapons at the time, and a bronze bar was unavailable at the smithy. Did I miss something there?

4. Last thing. Any clues as to when would be a good time or level to try the Forsaken Coast? I tried at about 7th level [rogue] and the trolls were thrilled that dinner delivered itself. For that matter, so do the damnation lizards [aka 'death gekos for all you FallOut fans out there]....

Thanks all! Obviously, I'm enjoying the game immensely!
Apoteos
Steward

Re: Help with four things [may contain spoilers]

Post by Apoteos »

Hello svensson, I have a few answers for you:

1. When you have shown the trolls in Forsaken coast who is boss, you a certain someone there who can help you.

2. As far as I know, nothing can be done with the boots (except selling them or using them a kind of shoes :wink: )

3. You need to wear a helm, armor, gloves, pants and boots (someone correct me if I misremember) in bronze to activate the portal.

4. Depends on quite a lot of things. Are you using a bow, being able to snipe them down one by one? Magic, buffing or otherwise? I belive I killed all the boreheads in the forest west of Port Kuudad before going there, which made the trolls quite easy. Perhaps the best solution is trial and error, go there after gaining a few levels or bought/looted a bit of equipment and see if things go better. Best of luck :D
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

4. If you don't mind running away from the trolls, then you are already high enough level. With a little care you can avoid them to reach the place you need. The Viewing Glass can be activated to help you find the spot.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

If you're a mage, or inclined to drop some cash on learning Elemental level 1, pelt the trolls with Fire Dart a few times, and they'll start fleeing from you, even as they regenerate - even if you aren't really hurting them that much. Fire scares them all out of proportion with the power of the fire.

(Of course, once they start regenerating, they keep regenerating even past full health, and eventually your screen becomes spammed with "a troll has regenerated!" despite them being all healthy and in hiding)
Jenna
Apprentice

Post by Jenna »

Yeah, I just ran away from the massive trolls. I'll go back and kill them when I'm a bit stronger.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

1. Seek out answers in the sewers.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

In my current level I am no match for the trolls, but I am fast and just walk passed them ;)
svensson
Initiate

Post by svensson »

Got them done folks.
Thanks VERY much! The tip about using Flame Dart as Troll-B-Gone spray worked just dandy.

Next up, wolf pups. After that, sewers full of ninjas. For now, sleeeeppppp
Jammeez
Initiate

Post by Jammeez »

I have a question as well. Thought this spot might work.

How does the skill "Repair" work? I bought the Tinker's Gloves and can't figure it out. :oops:
bkrueger
Apprentice

Post by bkrueger »

Jammeez wrote:I have a question as well. Thought this spot might work.

How does the skill "Repair" work? I bought the Tinker's Gloves and can't figure it out. :oops:
Just sleep on it.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Putting that in slightly more helpful words: when you camp, your tools 'heal' when you've got the repair skill.
Jammeez
Initiate

Post by Jammeez »

:lol:
RasterOps
Apprentice

Post by RasterOps »

You need a job. A source of income other than treasure and dropped beastie gold. Try Create Food or Foraging, my favorite. Go to work for 1-4 weeks make some money and train appropriate skills.

4. Your weapon can be enchanted and you can be blessed. Bless alone can give you an impressive "To Hit". Oh, and wait till the Geckos start breathing fire. :wink:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

KillingMoon wrote:Putting that in slightly more helpful words: when you camp, your tools 'heal' when you've got the repair skill.

But be sure your wearing them when you go to sleep. If they're in your inventory they can't help. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
svensson
Initiate

Post by svensson »

Let's clear that up real quick.

Repair and Forage work when you camp.

Any items that assist either skill [I've found Tinker's Gloves (Repair +1) and Boar's Ring (Forage +2)] must be equipped when you camp.

All items in your inventory, equipped or not, are repaired while you camp. Some seriously damaged items may take longer to repair than the time it takes for your health or mana to regen.