Um...Bees?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Shappie
Pledge

Um...Bees?

Post by Shappie »

Okay so I have searched and found some people with problems SIMILAR to this..but not exactly alike. I am trying to get back to Lilith and give her the stinger so I can continue the storyline (Yes I know I don't HAVE to but I also want to be able to get back to her at some point for a quest later in the game) but there seem to be bees in the way. Okay no big deal, right? Wrong. I start killing them..run back, regain mana, go again..and again...and again..I've gained three levels doing this already so I'm thinking this is a bit ridiculous. So I invisible up myself and run ahead and find this.

Strange, eh? With every step I take, or if I hit spacebar, more and more spawn out of that central bugged bee. Sooo...any ideas? I do not have any previously saved games and I really do not want to restart. Is there some kind of code I am not aware of that I can use to murder the shit out of them? Or should I just keep killing until I am uber-strong and can mass murder them anyway? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Um...Bees?

Post by Dragonlady »

I haven't heard of this problem before.

Can you run back to safe zone where there are no monsters and touch the screen map to 'teleport/fast travel' to Aridell or one of the other towns? If so, it looks like that is the only way you can escape to me. Then when you have enough money/levels or alchemist skill, make a LOT of Throwing oil II/III potions to throw at them, travel up behind them- throw- and stand back and watch them burn, burn baby burn! :twisted:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Shappie
Pledge

Post by Shappie »

Oh goody I am a pioneer of bugs! Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try that! For now I just bought some invisibility and haste potions to get around them before they multiplied too much to walk. I just barely got to Lilith to complete the quest, however, killing her was much easier with the aid of several bees. HA! :twisted:
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That looks like a situation for a major nuke spell like Compress Atmosphere or Super Nova. You say they're spawning from a single "bugged" bee in the middle, have you tried killing that one to see if it stops them respawning?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Wow, the most bees I've ever seen!
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Good Gravy! If it were me I most certainly couldn't not kill them all. Unless the bugged bee was immortal or something, heh, bugged bee, that's a horrible pun!

Can't believe I didn't notice that until I typed it, even with Kreador Freeaxe pointing it out.

Let us know how the... fumigation, turns out. :mrgreen:
It's appropriate with demon oil as bug bombs are flammable...

Fence them in with fire and kill them from a distance either with arrows or spells (preferably both).

Also you might want to go get that incinerator fuel (though not for fencing them in), that would be so freakin' epic.
Shappie
Pledge

Post by Shappie »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:That looks like a situation for a major nuke spell like Compress Atmosphere or Super Nova. You say they're spawning from a single "bugged" bee in the middle, have you tried killing that one to see if it stops them respawning?
I have but it seems to disappear and reappear. The 'bugged' bee I shoot at spits out more bees and the damage I did to it just goes to one of those bees. Yeah, I think I'm going to get some nuke spells and see what happens :twisted:
Unclever Title wrote:Fence them in with fire and kill them from a distance either with arrows or spells (preferably both).
Ohh yeah I do..I might take another screenie later and you can see how the ground is no longer green, but red :mrgreen:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you can avoid the area, then save it as a source of experience when you need some points.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Omg, that is f-ing awesome! LOL! Sorry that I have nothing to contribute to your problem..But that is so cool. I'de use the incinerator fuel..=]
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Any updates, Shapple?
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Shappie
Pledge

Post by Shappie »

Yeah I am just avoiding the area for now. Continuing with the game. If I ever feel the need for some mass murder, I'll know where to head :twisted:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Worse case scenario, you could always delete that map in your savegame folder to reset it.
Rommah
Pledge

Post by Rommah »

I had same thing happen... But I had no issues killing them.

More XP!!! -Use it!

But after killing them all, I reloaded my savefile and kited the swarm to lilith.
(i have no problems killing her myself, but my conscience would not let me:)
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rommah wrote:But after killing them all, I reloaded my savefile and kited the swarm to lilith.
(i have no problems killing her myself, but my conscience would not let me:)
So, in other words, you used the Reagan Strategy.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Nomen luni
Initiate

Post by Nomen luni »

Hey shappie... you don't have a pertinent save game you could drop us? I fancy messing with that swarm.