Identify

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Identify

Post by Iane »

Anyone else think Identify in shops is a bit high - it always costs more to Identify an item than what it's worth so in fact it is costing you money just to see you have a piece of JUNK - might as well throw all these items away :|
Buckets
Council Member

Re: Identify

Post by Buckets »

Perhaps this discussion would be better suited for the general Book II forum, not here in the Windows support forum. :wink:

Having said that, I think the identify prices are fine. I need the incentive to actually get lore so I make money from that endeavour. If I really want to just use the item, I'll pay for the identify before I have enough lore skill. It still works out to about half of what I would have to pay to buy the item outright.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Not only that, it encourages the development of mercantile, as well as repair.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Yeah I know - I need some sleep and keep posting in wrong section :wink: but also I've started the game with all options on except the no save when poisoned etc and started as a wizard so spending points in repair and merc at the start is very hard when trying to build your character up :)
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

It was somewhere around mid-game before I finally got around to boosting my mercantile/foraging/repair skills.

If you're lucky, you'll find some enchanted items that will help you out early on with these three.