Treasure Map

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Lysippe
Apprentice

Treasure Map

Post by Lysippe »

I have the map but there are so many STUMPS. Where is the one drawn on the map?
JStrange
Pledge

Re: Treasure Map

Post by JStrange »

I can't recall the territory name but once you find the 3 rocks on the map, you can quickly follow the map to the open area with one stump. The real difficulty is the lock.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:From the Unofficial FAQ:

- - - - - - - -

I found a treasure map in Everdale, but I can't find the locations depicted on the map. Where do I start?
Spoiler wrote:From Everdale head north into the next area. You will find yourself in northwest Kessian Basin. Head northwest until you find a river, then follow that river southwest into the next area. You will now be in eastern Fellpine Forest, continue following the river until you come across a small bridge. Go over this bridge, and head northeast following the river on the other side. The three rocks depicted on the treasure map can be found at coordinates X=81 and Y=92. From these rocks, head north into the trees and when you can, head west where you will find a clearing in the forest full of tree stumps. The tree stump at coordinates X=59 and Y=28 is where the treasure is hidden.
You know, it might be better if this was reworded to:
...From these rocks, head north into the trees until you reach a tree that blocks you from going north any further - then head west where you will find a clearing in the forest full of tree stumps...
The reason for this is that BW was tricksy, and there's a first tree that's just a few steps due North of the rocks, and until I cheated and looked at these boards, I thought that tree was that you needed to head west from. It never occurred to me that you had to keep heading north until you couldn't go any further! - The map was unclear on this point!! :oops:
willwill
Initiate

Post by willwill »

I found this place without map, but is there key for this chest somewhere?
Nolife is better than no life at all.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

No key. You have to disarm the trap and pick the lock (a major pain in the rear if you don't either have the spells or high skill in both pick locks and skulduggery), and whether the pile of treasure inside is of value to you depends on your need for money.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

I found that unless you do this quest very early, the treasure is basically useless. It's heavy and not worth carrying around long enough to sell. Howerver, if you play the game as intended, you'll reach the map soon enough that the money is nice. Especially true if you don't take mercantile as a skill. To me, the best treasure finds are scrolls. They weigh almost nothing and are worth good coin. I generally reroll any chests that give me heavy treasure.