Probably a silly question... Torches!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
RedTonic
Initiate

Probably a silly question... Torches!

Post by RedTonic »

Hey, folks! I played the demo what seemed like ages ago and finally bought Book 1 on Steam yesterday, to my enormous glee (and probably to the detriment of Monday's exam score).

And now I even has a question! Can you drop lit torches? (Man, that would be ever so great for setting up thugs and bees with my sneaker archer rogue.) I know demon oil has the effect of lighting things up when you throw it (learned early not to catch myself on fire, oops), but torches would be a nice cheap alternative when all I want is a stationary light to shoot arrows by. :D
RedTonic
Initiate

Re: Probably a silly question... Torches!

Post by RedTonic »

Does that mean you can in book 2? (That would be so helpful at beginning levels...) And thank you for a quick answer! :D
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Book 2 allows you to drop torches so they no longer encumber you with their weight. Book 1 requires you to find an empty sconce to place a torch.

Both games let you throw demon oil to light up the place. Even better is the monsters won't walk through the flaming barrier so you can fire through the lit area at them.
RedTonic
Initiate

Post by RedTonic »

Cool. :3 One last question (for now). While looking up something unrelated, I saw that there are a few "safe" places to stow loot. One is the dresser in the Aridell inn, but what were the others? I can't find the topic now for the life of me, sorry. The search-fu is weak with this one.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

RedTonic wrote:Cool. :3 One last question (for now). While looking up something unrelated, I saw that there are a few "safe" places to stow loot. One is the dresser in the Aridell inn, but what were the others? I can't find the topic now for the life of me, sorry. The search-fu is weak with this one.
Any open barrel. Nobody cares what you put in there and nobody else ever looks.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I always chose Bordertown, myself.

I still say that the barrels/chests ought to be bottomless, like in Spiderweb's games.
Last edited by Evnissyen on November 23rd, 2010, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I find the barrels just inside the southeastern gate of Blackwater to be convenient. They're right between the fast travel location and the good shops :)