Infinite Hive Drones plus puzzle spoiler

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
mrnobodie
Pledge

Infinite Hive Drones plus puzzle spoiler

Post by mrnobodie »

I was heading north towards the three way intersection below Lilith's house and the lake, when I ran into a hell of a lot hive drones that for all I can tell seem to be respawning almost continuously as I've killed off atleast 100 (6000+ exp), with no reduction in numbers coming towards me from the top off the screen. Whilst this is a nice little exp farm I've got going on, surely this cannot be something that was intended?. Also, I've spent the last day and a half trying to figure out the word/chest puzzles in the Ossuary, It's geting to the point where I can't think about anything else & it's making my brain start to hurt, please for the love for all that is unholy help me, I can't take any more.
I Stand Alone
Nihlum
Apprentice

Re: Infinite Hive Drones plus puzzle spoiler

Post by Nihlum »

mrnobodie wrote:I was heading north towards the three way intersection below Lilith's house and the lake, when I ran into a hell of a lot hive drones that for all I can tell seem to be respawning almost continuously as I've killed off atleast 100 (6000+ exp), with no reduction in numbers coming towards me from the top off the screen. Whilst this is a nice little exp farm I've got going on, surely this cannot be something that was intended?. Also, I've spent the last day and a half trying to figure out the word/chest puzzles in the Ossuary, It's geting to the point where I can't think about anything else & it's making my brain start to hurt, please for the love for all that is unholy help me, I can't take any more.
Spoilers wrote:Ring, crushing weapon, ash, apple
As for the drones, I seem to remember this map had a high rate of encounters while resting, that might be it, else ask on the support forums.
"I Intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it and repeat the process" - GF4
mrnobodie
Pledge

Post by mrnobodie »

Nihlum, I love you, I love you, I love you. I had already gotten the ring and ash, but the other two..... dude thank you.
I Stand Alone
Grimtooth
Initiate

Post by Grimtooth »

There's an another endless monsterspawn "bug", if that's what it is...
If you're easily tempted to abuse the game mechanics (like reloading for better loots) DON'T read the spoiler. :P
At the "4-item-riddle" in Ossuary, as just mentioned, the game will spawn 2 or 3 poltergeists in the corridor south of you every time you use the platform to open the gate. Opening the gate numerous times will result in a horde of poltergeist. You can basicly use it to level as much as you want to. Of course, they all drop ectoplasm.
john_anisimov
Pledge

Post by john_anisimov »

Actually I have a question "from the same region" :)
To the right from the entrance to the cave there is a strange device with 6 handles. There is also a door visible in the utmost right bottom corner of the cave.
Has anybody figured out how this 6-handles device works?
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

If we are in the hive drone (bee) cave, then yes .. just play through the combinations (there are only 64). Or (spoilerish) I can tell you that the right answer is reflectively symmetrical (there's only 8 of those), both ways (now we are down to 4).
john_anisimov
Pledge

Post by john_anisimov »

Thank you. I've already solved it by moving one inch further so I could reach all handles simultaneously. In place of running around :) This was actually the major problem as - generally speaking - walking in this game is... :?
Dedicated Arcanum-player
fyrepit
Pledge

Post by fyrepit »

Hey I have tried reflectively symetricaly both ways up and down and side to side and there is more than 4 and they dont work a bit more explanation I am a bit slow.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

? The two way symmetrical answers are only

00 00 11 11
00 11 00 11
00 00 11 11

Where 1 and 0 are the two switch positions. And the right answer is one of the middle two.
fyrepit
Pledge

Post by fyrepit »

Either I am doing something wrong or really dumb but I have tried your combinations every which way, I am wondering if there is a glitch is there sopposed to be a click or a piece of rock opens up and what do you get is it needed to finish the game I already killed the hive queen.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

There is nothing through there needed to finish the game.

There is an opening which appears leading off to the South, to a cave of treasure. You can probably see some of it in the map even if you can't get to it.
Not sure what you are doing wrong .. nobody else (as far as I know) has failed to open it.
seanroconnor
Pledge

Post by seanroconnor »

GSV3MiaC wrote:There is nothing through there needed to finish the game.

There is an opening which appears leading off to the South, to a cave of treasure. You can probably see some of it in the map even if you can't get to it.
Not sure what you are doing wrong .. nobody else (as far as I know) has failed to open it.
I have tried flipping the switches as you suggest but nothing happens. When you get the correct sequence does a door open? Do you get some sort of text indication that you have selected the right sequence? So far the game just lets me flip the switches around with no apparent effect...

Very frustrating!!

Sean
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Some rock disappears (so yeah 'a door opens'). What you flip is not important, the final configuration is what matters.
Maelstrom
Steward

Post by Maelstrom »

GSV3MiaC wrote:What you flip is not important
So I tried flipping my finger but no rocks disappeared. :lol:

Alright already. I'm going back to left field. The dandelions need watering anyways.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
seanroconnor
Pledge

Post by seanroconnor »

GSV3MiaC wrote:Some rock disappears (so yeah 'a door opens'). What you flip is not important, the final configuration is what matters.
thanks - of course as soon as I posted my question I went back to give it one more try and this time it worked. Always got to be smarter than the equipment you operate!!

As soon as I flipped the switches into the right position, the rocks in front of me disappeared.

Sean