[semi OT] Baldur's gate dark alliance

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
PaSquall
Steward

[semi OT] Baldur's gate dark alliance

Post by PaSquall »

I played Baldur's gate dark alliance 1, and I'm almost done with Baldur's gate dark alliance 2, on PS2. These are action RPGs, diablo-like games, but based on Dungeons and dragons rules, so with a solid RPG background. Nice story (especially the #2), but obviously 100% railroady.
These are probably the best diablo-like I've ever played (until now). If you like the genre, you won't be disappointed. especially the #2 which add nice possibilities : a couple of side quests specific to each character, the possibility to create your own magic items, specific skills for each character. Definitely has some replayability. I found "normal" mode to be quite easy, if you are experienced with this kind of games you can begin with difficult mode.
Oh, and BGDA1 sorceress is very ... sexy. Just discard her armor and, errr... :oops: :oops:
mrmunka
Initiate

Re: [semi OT] Baldur's gate dark alliance

Post by mrmunka »

PaSquall wrote:Oh, and BGDA1 sorceress is very ... sexy. Just discard her armor and, errr... :oops: :oops:
LOL! Yea they are both great games and I still make time to play #2. I've been a long time fan of the Baldurs Gate series of games and enjoyed everyone of them. I still hold on to some hope that they will make another BG game in the future.
ThwockSplort
Apprentice

Post by ThwockSplort »

Those were games are great fun! Got into those after playing Champion of Norath and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel <- Don't tell the Fallout boards I said that. :lol: Others with a refined RPG palate tend to turn up their nose at those types of games. I think they are simple, old fashioned good fun. Kind of like a jazzier version of Gauntlet. Why not. They are fun to play with your less than adroit girlfriend. She even figured out how to be the cleric for the second one.
Magic Candle II-III, Ultima Exodus, Final Fantasy 1,3, Dragon Warrior, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil, Elder Scrolls 2,3,4, Mass Effect