Better luck next time then?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Grue
Steward

Better luck next time then?

Post by Grue »

So, regarding the new beta applications, if I have not heard from Basilisk Games by now, I take it the application went bust and I can start crying myself to sleep and/or drinking heavily right about now to ease my pain. ;)

Or are you guys still shifting through the applications and haven't yet sent the new invites? Is there still hope?! DOes the sun still shine tomorrow?!! :)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

No, we haven't sent out emails yet. We are still sifting through the applications. It will probably be next week before we contact people. It's not as easy as saying "this person looks good so lets use them"...we have to look at systems specs too since we need a wide variety of test machines, as well as player testing abilities. And there are a lot of applications.

Also, we are going to have six people start testing, and after they make a pass through the game (and we make repairs), we'll bring in the other six to re-test the Release Candidate with some fresh eyes. So, even if you are chosen, you may be in the second round and won't get contacted until later this month.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Tearing what little hair I have left out would be futile at this point, it just started growing back. :)

Will you let the 2nd half know ahead of time they are on the list or are you going to torture us and make us wait? :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

I'm not sure, Dragonlady. Most likely we will wait to contact people as we need them. Why? Well if someone agrees to test now but we decide to put them in the second group and not use them for 3 weeks, when we finally need them they may have other obligations. I'd rather contact people when we need them and say "Can you start testing ASAP?" If they can't, then we move on to the next person on the list. We should be ready to send out emails to our approved people on Monday (15th) so we can use the coming weekend to sort through the last pile of applications.

Also, right now we are frantically prepping the next beta. The internal crew continues to find obscure bugs and offer suggestions for gameplay improvements and balancing, so I am doing all I can to implement as much as possible before group one starts testing.
mrmunka
Initiate

Post by mrmunka »

Beta preparation is never an easy thing. Are there any plans for the testers to post some beta experiences here on the forum?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Probably not. If beta testing goes smoothly, we will have a release candidate soon and then everyone can experience the game for themselves.

We still really want to keep the game "under wraps" until release. It will be much more enjoyable if you all can experience it fresh without hearing before hand much about the gameplay or storyline. :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay, the first batch of beta testers have been rounded up and begin testing tomorrow. No, don't ask for any first-hand reports because you are not getting any! :lol:

If you didn't receive an email for a beta test spot, don't worry! We have plans to bring on a few more people soon. :D
Qantaga
Pledge

Post by Qantaga »

Congratulations on launching the beta test. I'm very glad to see that things are moving ahead so smoothly.

While I'm a bit sad that I'm not in the first wave of the beta, I'm thrilled that you had such a great number of applicatnts and that the game is moving closer to release. I can't wait for release day.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Thanks Qantaga. We're working our asses off to try and get it out the door in November! :)
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Hopefully by Thanksgiving so I can play it with a couple of days of work 8)
gragnak
Senior Steward

Post by gragnak »

Let's cross fingers for a november release!

As I stated some weeks ago, I didn't applyed for beta testing because I'd have no time for a well done work on the beta and beacuase I prefer to play the game without spoiling it.

But this waiting is really hard.
furor vincit omnia